QuickBooks HelpQuickBooksHelpIntuit

Get help with your suspended subscription in QuickBooks Online

SOLVEDby QuickBooks144Updated January 12, 2024

Find out what to do if your subscription is suspended and you can't use QuickBooks Online.

If you recently received an email saying your subscription is suspended because we couldn't process a payment, don't worry. All you have to do is update your billing information.

Change or update your payment details

1. Select the Gear icon, then select Account and settings.
  2. Select the Billing & subscription tab.
  3. Under Payment method, select Edit.
  4. Enter the full credit card information by typing in the complete card number, name on the card, expiration date, and security code. Verify that the billing address in QuickBooks Online is the same one that appears on your credit card statement.
  5. Select Save Changes.

Frequently asked questions

Will you charge me for prior months? What will I get charged?

We will not charge you for prior months where you received QuickBooks Online for free. On the Account and settings (or Your Account) page, where you update your payment details, you will see exactly how much you will get charged. This charge will depend on which QuickBooks Online service you are using and where you are in the billing month.

What does it mean to suspend my account?

This means you can only use QuickBooks Online in view-only access mode. You can still read all your company data, but you cannot add or edit data. You can reactivate your account at any time by updating your payment details.

Who can update the payment details?

Only the primary admin can update the payment details.

How long will it take for my suspension to clear?

Once the payment is processed, the suspension should be cleared within 24 hours.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post

Sign in for the best experience

Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of QuickBooks users.

More like this