QuickBooks HelpQuickBooksHelpIntuit

Update the email address you use for QuickBooks Desktop

SOLVEDby QuickBooks37Updated July 28, 2023

Learn how to update your email address.

Important:  You might have multiple email addresses on file with us. You can retrieve your User ID or Password and continue to get updates from us

Email Address for Receiving Notifications

You'll receive notifications to the email address you link to your name in the authorized users in your company. If you're the Billing Contact, you'll receive notifications through this email address.

What notifications will I receive?

Notifications can mean many things. Here are some examples of notifications:

• Payroll newsletters (Quarterly)
  • Intuit QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Tax Table Update Notice (whenever a new tax table is available)
  • Auto-renewal notices for annual subscribers (a least 45 days from the renewal date)
  • Order/Charge confirmation (upon the renewal of your service)
  • Other critical notices related to the changes in the federal and state regulations.

To update your email address for notifications:

1. Sign in to My Account.
  2. In the Manage your QuickBooks page, select the product or service you would like to manage.
  3. Check if you're signed in to the correct company. If not, choose the correct company from the Intuit Account dropdown.
  4. Select Edit beside your name in the Authorized Users list
  5. Enter your new email address, then Save. Select the X to get back to the home page.

You'll receive a notification to your new email address about any updates.

Email Address for Retrieving User ID/ Password

If you need to change the email address you use when you login in, we can help.

Update the email address associated to your login:

1. Sign in to My Account. (Go to My Account: Login help if you need  help signing in.)
  2. In Manage your QuickBooks, select the product or service you would like to manage.
  3. Select the dropdown beside the company name.
  4. Select Edit Login, then go to the Profile tab.
  5. Select Edit in the Email address field.
  6. Enter your new email address in the Email address and Confirm email address field.
  7. Enter your user ID password in the Password field.
  8. Select Save. This sends a verification email to your new email address.
  9. Go to your email’s inbox and open the verification email. Select Verify my email.
  10. Once you see the prompt Email address verified, select Continue to complete the email change.

If you no longer have access to My Account and your current email address:
If you're not able to sign in, and you no longer have access to the email address for your account, you can send us a request to recover your account. We'll take care of your request within one business day.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
QuickBooks Desktop Accountant PlusQuickBooks Desktop PlusQuickBooks Desktop PremierQuickBooks Desktop ProQuickBooks Enterprise Accountant QuickBooks Enterprise DiamondQuickBooks Enterprise GoldQuickBooks Enterprise PlatinumQuickBooks Payroll AssistedQuickBooks Payroll BasicQuickBooks Payroll EnhancedQuickBooks Payroll Standard

Sign in for the best experience

Ask questions, get answers, and join our large community of QuickBooks users.

More like this