cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Intuit

QuickBooks eInvoicing FAQ

Check the answers here for your frequently asked questions about QuickBooks eInvoicing.

IMPORTANT: If you need assistance with any of these following issues, please contact the invoice sender.

• Questions about the products or services on the invoice
  • If online payment is not available
  • Credit card or ACH availability
  • Changing payment amount
  • Changing payment terms
  • Refunds or if you paid in error and want to cancel
  • To make a payment by phone
  • Your payment history on other invoices from the same sender

If you need assistance with any of the following issues, please chat with one of our Customer Care Representatives.(6am to 5pm PT, Monday - Friday).

I get an error when trying to view or pay this invoice. What do I do?

In most cases, the error message explain what to do next. If not, there may be a problem with the network or web site, in which case you'll have to try again later.

If the error is not related to the network or web site, your email service may have a problem handling the payment link. Try the following:

• Right-click (Windows) or control-click (Mac) the View/Pay now button in the invoice email to copy the link to the invoice.
  • Paste the link directly in the address bar of your browser.
  • If you still have trouble, try the same steps in another browser.

If this still doesn't fix the problem, please chat with one of our Customer Care Representatives.

Why can't I pay this invoice online?

Invoice senders can decide if they want to allow users to pay their invoices online. If the invoice sender hasn't enabled this feature, you won't be able to pay your invoice online.

If you aren't sure if you should be able to pay this invoice online, contact the invoice sender to see if they have enabled online payment. For some invoices, you can contact the invoice sender by using the Send Message option on the right of the invoice page. if you don't see this option, contact the sender by e-mail or phone.

If the invoice sender has enabled online payment but you still can't pay online, please chat with one of our Customer Care Representatives.

Why can”t I pay this invoice using a credit card?

When an invoice sender enables an invoice to be paid online, they can also specify which payment methods are allowed. If you try to pay online but the option to pay by credit card isn't available, it's probably because the invoice sender has not enabled credit card payments for this invoice.

Contact the invoice sender to see if they want you to pay with a credit card. For some invoices, you can contact the invoice sender by using the Send Message option on the right of the invoice page. If you don't see this option, contact the sender by e-mail or phone.

If the invoice sender says they enabled credit card payments for this invoice and you are still experiencing issues, please chat with one of our Customer Care Representatives.

Why can't I pay this invoice using a bank transfer?

When an invoice sender enables an invoice to be paid online, they can also specify which payment methods are allowed. If you try to pay online but the option to pay by bank transfer isn't available, it's probably because the invoice sender has not enabled bank transfer payments for this invoice.

Contact the invoice sender to see if they want you to pay with bank transfer. For some invoices, you can contact the invoice sender by using the Send Message option on the right of the invoice page. If you don't see this option, contact the sender by e-mail or phone.

If the invoice sender says they enabled bank transfer payments for this invoice and you are still experiencing issues, please chat with one of our Customer Care Representatives.

I have a question about the invoice I received. How can I contact the invoice sender?

Contact the invoice sender for any questions about the invoice, including:

• Billed amount
  • Products or services listed
  • Billing mistake (if you believe you received an invoice by mistake)

For some invoice, you can contact the invoice sender by using the Send Message option on the right of the invoice page. If you don't see this option, contact the sender by e-mail or phone.

Why is my browser no longer supported?

Beginning February 18th, the minimal browser versions that we will be supporting for invoice view and pay capability are:

• Chrome 29
  • Firefox 23
  • Internet Explorer 10
  • Safari 6

If you have these browsers or a more recent version, you should see no interruption to your service.

We know that having a change in your support can be frustrating, but we are committed to delivering the best experience in terms of security, speed, and performance that we can. Older browser have weaker encryption and security standards that can make it easier for bad guys to steal payment information. This update is to protect your financial information and ensure that our products work seamlessly for you and the businesses you work with.

To update to a supported browser of your choice, please follow any of the links below and you should be up and running in less than five minutes.

If you have any questions, please chat with one of our Customer Care Representatives.

I have saved payment methods in the past. Why can't I access them?

QuickBooks eInvoicing is the primary way for QuickBooks users to invoice their customers and take payments. Previously, most QuickBooks users invoiced their customers using a service called Intuit PaymentNetwork, which allowed the invoice payer to save their payment information.

If you previously had an Intuit PaymentNetwork account, you can use the same User ID and Password to save payment methods with QuickBooks eInvoicing. Although these two systems accept the same sign-in credentials, you'll have to re-save any payment methods you used with Intuit PaymentNetwork so they work in QuickBooks eInvoicing.

If you aren't sure if you have an account with Intuit PaymentNetwork, or if you did not previously have an account with Intuit PaymentNetwork and are still having issues accessing your saved payment methods, please chat with one of our Customer Care Representatives.

How can I request a refund or cancelation for a payment I have made?

Contact the invoice sender to request a refund or cancelation of payment made on an invoice.

For some invoices, you can contact the invoice sender by using the Send Message option on the right of the invoice page. If you don't see this option, contact the sender by e-mail or phone.

Why can't I pay an amount other than the full amount for this invoice?

If you are receiving an invoice from a URL containing QBDT

Sample URL: https://connect.intuit.com/portal/app/CommerceNetwork??locale=en_US&cta=viewinvoicenow&src=qbdt#view ….

The service your invoice sender is using currently allows partial payments using the saved payments method(s). They do not accept any other type of payment which would require adjusting the amount due for the invoice.The current options your send can add are ACH or Credit Card.

Other type of payments not supported include:

• Total Balance Due on account- You can't pay more than the amount due on the current invoice.
  • Tips- You can't add tips to an invoice payment.
  • Split Payments- You can only use one payment method to pay the full amount of the current invoice.
  • Discounts- Discounts offered by invoice sender.

If you want to make a partial payment or any other unsupported adjustment, you will need to contact your invoice sender.

If you are receiving an invoice from a URL that does not contain QBDT

The service your invoice sender is using currently allows partial payments using the saved payments method(s). They do not accept any other type of payment which would require adjusting the amount due for the invoice.

Other types of payments not supported include:

• Total Balance due on account- You can't pay more than the amount due on the current invoice.
  • Split Payments- You can only use one payment method to pay the full amount of the current invoice.
  • Discounts- Discounts offered by invoice sender.

If you need any unsupported adjustment, you have to contact your invoice sender.

How can I view other invoices or payments associated with my account?

Currently you can't view invoice or payment history for your account. We've heard your requests for these features and are actively looking at solutions.

In the meantime, you can always review the invoices and payment confirmation emails from your email inbox to get this information. If you no longer have a particular invoice in your inbox, ask the invoice sender to re-send it.

Why was my credit card declined?

If your attempt to pay an invoice is declined:

• The information you entered may not match what your bank has on file.
  • The amount of the transaction is larger than the current limit set by your card issuer or bank.

Before contacting your financial institution, try these steps:

1. Double check any manually entered information on the payment screen.
  2. Make sure the payment amount is smaller than the limit set by your card issuer or bank.

If your payment is still declined, contact your financial institution.

What if I don't have access to my old email address and cannot get the confirmation code that is being sent?

The security of your information is our top priority. If you are unable to access your old email, you have the following options.

1. Create a new user ID and Password, and enter your payment details. You'll use your new login for future payments you make through QuickBooks invoices.
  2. Make a guest payment without signing in. To do this, just click the Pay Now button, enter the payment details, and send the payment.

Pay with confidence and enjoy peace of mind every time you pay. Intuit protects your payment information with bank level security and more than a million small businesses trust their financial data with QuickBooks.