cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install QB Desktop 2019

I recently upgraded to QB 2019 pro for desktop.  We store our company files on a server, and have QB installed on two different desktop workstations.  The installation/upgrade was flawless on one of the workstations, and we can work on this pc without any issues, but I cannot get it to install on the second workstation.  I have attached a screen capture of the error message that I get immediately after hitting the install button.  I need some assistance to get this installed.

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Cannot install QB Desktop 2019

Let's get QuickBooks installed, Minutemanpat.

The error is probably caused by damaged Windows components. We have 3 solutions to fix installation errors:

• Download and use the QBInstall Tool
  • Manually fix Windows components
  • Use Selective Startup to install QuickBooks Desktop

You can check the steps on this article: Fix QuickBooks Desktop install errors.

Feel free to keep us updated after trying the steps. We're right here for you. 

I downloaded the QB install diagnostic tool you recommended; when I try to run it, I get a message that says "this app won't run on my pc"  "To find a version that will run on this pc, check with your software publisher".  Any further thoughts?  This workstation is a couple of years old and is running windows 10 pro, so not sure what is going on...

Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @minutemanpat.

I'm here to help ensure you'll be able to download QuickBooks successfully.

When downloading/installing QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT), issues may happen when your Windows is not updated or your Windows Security Certificate is expired. If your Windows aren't updated, to download successfully or run QuickBooks smoothly, you may need to install the latest Windows Update or download an updated certificate from Microsoft.

On the other hand, to download QBDT successfully, you can update your QuickBooks to the latest release manually, or download it from the website.

For the detailed steps and instructions, you can check these articles:

Let me know if you have any other questions about installing QuickBooks, I'm just a post away to help you. Wishing you the best!