cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

Compatibility Issues

Our office has QB 2016 for Mac.  Our accountant has QB Pro 2017 (Windows).

For tax season, I ran the command File > Save File for Accountant in our QB, and received a .QBB file.  When our accountant tried to open the file, they received an error message stating "Another user is currently using... "

I've also tried File > Export > To Quickbooks for Windows, and they have the same error message.

Can anyone shed some light on why there is a permission issue?

Thank you.

1 Comment

Re: Compatibility Issues

Hi there, @BDGmic.

I can share some insights about opening an accountant copy in QuickBooks Desktop.

When opening an accountants copy the client and accountant using the Accountant's Copy feature should use the same version or year of QuickBooks Desktop. However, you can still work on the Accountant’s Copy using a different version as long as the gap between the versions is just one year, and the accountant has the higher version. 

This qualification is one of the possible reason why you're unable to open your accountants copy. To give you more details about using the QuickBooks accounts copy, you may read through these references:

If you need further assistance in this matter, I'd suggest reaching out to our Customer Care Team

Please don't hesitate to reach out to me here should you have any further questions, I want to make sure you're taken care of. Thanks for coming to the Community and have a good day!