cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
prolocksmith
Level 1

Consolidating transactions

I am attempting to consolidate Mac QuickBooks on my laptop to the online version to be used through the QuickBooks app.  I have attempted to transfer my data several times with the same result: I get an error message on the laptop that the transfer wasn’t complete, and I get an email from Intuit saying that the transfer was successful.  It would appear to me that not all of the data transferred.  Even though we are a very small business with no payroll, no employees, no inventory, we have been doing business and using QuickBooks for 16 years.  So I thought compressing the old data would be helpful.  The process is simple and straightforward, but last night the progress reached “Pass 1 of 2” in consolidating the transactions , about a third of the way through, and even though I left it working and plugged in all night, it’s stuck.  I do have back ups if I need to force quit the program and begin again, but I wanted to talk it through first in case there’s another way and this might cause new problems.  I called and intuit is closed until tomorrow so any help is appreciated.

1 Comment 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Consolidating transactions

Hello prolocksmith,

You've come to the right place to get help with exporting your company file to QuickBooks Online. I'll help you get this done.

After exporting, we will send you an email saying that the conversion is successful. However, there are some information that may not be imported when you move from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online. That's the reason you're not seeing all of them in your QBO account.

You might want to review the Trial Balance report in QuickBooks for Mac, and compare it to the Trial Balance report in QBO. This helps us check that all transactions are imported correctly if both reports have the same amounts. 

Compressing a company file is done if there's an error saying "Uh-oh! Your file is too big to export" during exporting. In that scenario, you can follow the steps in this article for more information: Condense your QuickBooks Desktop file for import to QuickBooks Online.

Let us know if you have more questions. Thanks! 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us