cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jim43mclane
Level 1

Error 1406, Could not write value “InprocServer32” to key “\CLSID\{[removed]-0000-C[removed]00045}\InprocServer32”

In attempting to install QuickBooks Premier2019 on my Laptop (used for Travel purposes), I have encountered the following error multiple time. I have used the QuickBooksDesktopInstall DiagnosticTool each time, but continue to receive the message below.

Error 1406, Could not write value “InprocServer32” to key “\CLSID\{[removed]-0000-C[removed]00045}\InprocServer32”

4 Comments 4
JanyRoseB
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, jim43mclane.

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm here to help isolate this error so you can install your QuickBooks Premier 2019 successfully. 

Once you have third-party applications such as antivirus and anti-spyware programs, it will interfere with the QuickBooks installation. You'll need to install your QuickBooks in Select Startup, this mode enables you to start Windows with only select items running on your computer. 

Here's how you start your computer in Selective Startup:

1. On your keyboard, press Windows+R to open the Run command.
  2. Type msconfig. Then select OK.
  3. In the General tab, select Selective startup and Load system services.
  4. Go to the Services tab. Then select Hide all Microsoft Services.
  5. Select Disable all.
  6. Unmark the Hide all Microsoft Services checkbox.
  7. Check the list of services and ensure the Windows Installer checkbox is selected. If it is not, mark it. Then select OK.
  8. On the System Configuration window, select Restart.

For additional reference, you can check this article on how to install or uninstall Desktop in Selective Startup

If you need further assistance from our live support, I recommend contacting our QuickBooks Desktop Installation Team. They have the tools to do a remote session and walk you through the process.

Here's how you can contact our live support: 

1. Follow the Official Intuit Contact link.
  2. Select your QuickBooks product.
  3. Select an issue type from the menu below, you need only to select two options for the contact information to appear.
  4. Click Start a message at the bottom. 

This will get you on the right track. Feel me in if you have any other questions about installing QuickBooks. Have a good one. 

jim43mclane
Level 1

Using Selective Startup resulted in the exact same error message. Any other options?

jim43mclane
Level 1

Same error using Selective Startup. What 's next

SophiaAnnL

I've checked and found what's causing this error, jim43mclane.

Error 1406 occurs when you install a new program or software that uses the Windows Installer runtime. This indicates that your computer's operating system can't read the QuickBooks Desktop components when you install the software.

It would be best to reach out to the Microsoft support. They can help you adjust the required values of your computer for a successful installation of QuickBooks.

Please keep in touch if you need anything else.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us