cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kristi-
Level 1

Help with downloading company info from the Online Back Up System

My computer crashed and I bought a new computer.  I don't have a local back up, only an online back up.  

I installed QB Pro on my new computer and it automatically installed the 2019 version.  I had not updated my old computer to this version before it crashed.  When I try to open my company from the online back up, it doesn't show up as an option.  

What do I need to do to install my company information into the QB program from the Online Back Up service I have through QB?

I need help with this ASAP!

1 Comment 1
JenoP

Help with downloading company info from the Online Back Up System

There are several reasons why you can't see the option to restore your online back up, Kristi.

For us to verify what's causing the issue, let's run the Intuit Data Protect Diagnostic Tool. This will run a test connection to the IDP servers. Aside from that, it'll also check your computer’s memory, disk space, Windows components (i.e. .Net Framework), and IDP version. Here's how:

1. Click the Intuit Data Protect (green padlock) icon in the system tray (located at the lower-right of the screen), then select About Intuit Data Protect.
  2. Press Ctrl F2 on your keyboard to launch the tool.
  3. Select Run Diagnostics.
  4. If the tool detects issues or problems, the Error and Detailed Information will be displayed in red. Depending on the error message, please open this article and check the chart in the Intuit Data Protect Diagnostic Tool Results section on how to address each area: Troubleshoot Common Intuit Data Protect (IDP) Problems

If you can't see the IDP icon, it means it wasn't installed properly or successfully. Please follow these steps to install it:

1. Download the setup file.
  2. When prompted, save the Onlinebackup_quickbooks.msi file.
  3. Right-click the .msi file and select Run as Administrator.
  4. Follow the prompts to complete the installation.

We have more troubleshooting steps listed here in case you're getting a similar result: Troubleshoot Errors And Unexpected Results When Using QuickBooks Online Backup (OLBU).

Please keep me posted if you need more help with this. I'll be around to help you again. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us