cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Explorer **

How to get an export with all the data - including my attachments when transferring from Online to Desktop

I recently purchased the Desktop version and found that Quickbooks does not have an easy export process - especially for Mac users.  However, I went through the entire process using a Windows PC and followed the complicated export process but the file size was very small - the reason - none of the attachments were exported?  How do I get a complete export - one that includes the attachments (copies of all my reciepts)?  Intuit, this is just sloppy - get your act together.

4 Comments
Established Community Backer ***

Re: How to get an export with all the data - including my attachments when transferring from Online to Desktop

attachments do not export

intuits response is to upload them one at a time, manually

and see this for other limitations on the export from QBDT to QBO

https://community.intuit.com/questions/1145236

and if interested a non partisan comparison of QBO vs QB desktop
http://onsale-apparel.com/Rustler/qbo-or-qbdt
(cost comparisons are at the end of the article)

Community Explorer **

Re: How to get an export with all the data - including my attachments when transferring from Online to Desktop

Thanks for the response.  Intuit really needs to get it's act together.  We should be able to push a button to export from online to desktop and it is done.  I had to get Windows installed on my Mac in order to be able to follow the procedure to export my data. Crazy!

Community Explorer **

So, Intuit increased my monthly cost (I made no changed from about $13.95/month last month to $36/month this month.  They said they wouldn't but they did.  This is a 158% increase in one month.  So, I decided to get the desktop version  for my Mac only to learn that the only way to get the data from online is using a windows based solution - Brilliant Intuit - genius!  Spent time on the phone and they finally got around to telling me they could do it for me for the small price of $400 to $500!  Really Intuit?  That is gouging your customers.  So I got windows on my mac and downloaded Quickbooks Desktop for Windows 2019 and found out that this doesnt work either - you must get the Enterprise version but guess what - there is no trial version of this.  So the suggestion was that I purchase the Enterprise version so I could get the data from online into a file that my Mac could use.  Great job Intuit.  Great Job!  If only Rube Goldberg were here to see this - he would have smiled.

QuickBooks Team

Re: How to get an export with all the data - including my attachments when transferring from Onli...

Hi there, @rdwhite659.

I'm here to share some insights about the conversion process and guide you to the best support about your charge inquiry.

As much as I would love to get this handled directly, getting the details of your subscription requires pulling up your account information, which I am unable to do in this public forum.

For security reasons, you may need to get in touch with our Phone Support Team again for them to check your billing profile.

On the other hand, for the exporting process, you can refer to this article about the restrictions and the steps to follow:

Convert a QuickBooks Mac file to QuickBooks Windows and back again.

Feel free to swing by the Community if there's anything else I can help. Let me know by adding a comment below.