cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MichelleT

I am getting an error when opening quickbooks that says This page can't be displayed

Hi @LukeS,

Let's download and run the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool. Here is the link:

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://intuitcorp.quickbase.com/up/bd9yykidd/g/r9/eg/va/Clean%20Install%20Tool.exe">https://intuitc...>

Let me know if you have additional questions.
LukeS
Level 1

I am getting an error when opening quickbooks that says This page can't be displayed

@IntuitMichelle  if I use the clean install tool and manually delete all the folders and quicken users the software works on first open but then once it downloads the latest updates I am back to the "this page can't be displayed" error
jared2
Level 1

Hello Luke and Michelle,
I am having this exact problem as well.  I installed Quickbooks Pro 2017 Trial Version and it worked.  The next day I went to launch Quickbooks and it looked EXACTLY like your screenshots.  I was unable to do anything except use Task Manager to close Quickbooks.  I followed the instructions to configure IE for Quickbooks Desktop without success.  I uninstalled, ran the Clean Install Tool, also ran QBInstall_Tool_v2, installed Quickbooks, and it worked that first time.  Now 12 hours later I am right back where I started.

I would really appreciate any other advice you can offer.
spaniouchkine
Level 1

Hi Michelle,  I ran the clean install tool and no luck.  It didn't even work the first time for me.  Please advice.
LukeS
Level 1

@spaniouchkine, the after uninstalling Quickbooks and running the clean install utility delete the folder it creates, delete the folders the clean install utility created.  Also delete the following folders...

C:\Users\<Your User Account>\AppData\Local\Intuit
C:\Users\<Admin User Account>\AppData\Local\Intuit
C:\Users\QBDataServiceUser27
C:\ProgramData\Intuit
C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit
C:\Windows\Intuit

Reboot then reinstall Quickbooks.  This works for me but once Quickbooks downloads and installs the latest updates I am back to the same page can't be found error.
jared2
Level 1

Running QBInstall_Tool_v2.exe seems to be temporarily solving the problem for me.  So far I've had to run it every day, but at least it gets me into Quickbooks.  I was able to download and install the updates, and run Quickbooks.  

I found it here:

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://community.intuit.com/articles/1019962-fix-common-installation-errors-using-the-qbinstall-too...>
hifvn
Level 1

so frustrating!!!! I've tried this on 3 computers now and the same results! starting to hate QB!
josua
Level 1

The links referencing a fix no longer link to working pages. Anyone have any info on this problem?

MaryGraceS

Hello everyone. 

I appreciate you taking the time to share the steps you've already tried to fix this error with us. I'll be happy to get you to the right support to get this resolved. 

Since you get the same result after trying some of the basic troubleshooting steps to open your QuickBooks Desktop file, I suggest reaching out to our QuickBooks Care Support. They can initiate a screen sharing session to check what's causing this, and get to a resolution quickly. 

Here’s how you can reach them:

1. Click this link https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose the QuickBooks Product.
  3. Select your QuickBooks Desktop version.
  4. On the Contact Us page, select a topic.
  5. Click on Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

That should get you back on track. Please know that the Community has your back if you need assistance. Wishing you and your business continued success.

josua
Level 1

I have spoken to support. They said that this was a "known issue," but that they could not help me because the years affected are too old (2013 and 2014). They said that I should google the issue or they could direct me to the user forums for support. Here I am.

Please help!

PreciousB

I'm here to help you resolve the error message when installing QuickBooks Desktop 2013 and 2014, josua.

May I know the specific error you've encountered or the troubleshooting that you've tried to resolve this error? Knowing so will help us isolate the problem. Meanwhile, I can share some recommended steps that can help you install QuickBooks Desktop.

Installation of QuickBooks Desktop requires you to enter a license number and a product code to complete the validation process. If the encrypted file containing the information is damaged, QuickBooks might display an error message or it won't open. Deleting the entitlement file and re-entering your license and product information will help us resolve the issue.

Here's how:

Delete the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file

1. Close QuickBooks Desktop.
  2. Ensure that all QuickBooks processes are no longer running.
    1. From the keyboard, press Ctrl+Shift+Esc. This opens the Task Manager.
      Windows 10: Click More Details to show Task Manager
    2. Select the Processes tab.
    3. Sort the processes alphabetically by selecting the Process Name header.
    4. Search for all instances of QBW32.EXE and select End Task.
  3. Open the entitlement data folder for your operating system and version of QuickBooks.
    1. On your keyboard, press Windows+R to open the Run window.
    2. Enter C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 (or v6) and press Enter. (The folder location is the same for all QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise versions.)
  4. Right-click the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file and select Delete.
  5. Select Yes to confirm you want to delete the file.
  6. Open your company file and follow the instructions to register the application.

Just a friendly reminder, standalone QuickBooks Desktop has a three-year supported life span. It means that QuickBooks Desktop 2013 and 2014 are no longer supported. However, let's still give this a try, and see if the steps above will work. 

Please let me know how this turns out. I'm to here provide you additional assistance if you need anything else. Have a good one.

Chidanand
Level 1

Thanks a lot for posting it.

kjlea
Level 1

The attached link is broken, "Sorry, page cannot be displayed."

JamesDuanT

The articles on this thread are all working, kjlea. Thus, you might need to refresh your browser (F5) or do a few troubleshooting steps.

Though cache files can boost browser processes, they can also cause unexpected issues. Let's get rid of the error and make sure you can view these articles.

1. Let's use a private browser because it doesn't store cache files. Then, open the articles.
  2. If you can access the articles successfully, we can clear the cache storage of your regular browser.
  3. You can also use other supported browsers as alternatives. Each browser stores different sets of cache files.

Let me know if you need more help with this. Have a great day!

JessT

Hi 2411,

If you've already followed the steps about deleting the ECML file, as stated in the previous answers, please contact our Support. That way, they can use a screen-sharing tool to see your setup and investigate this further. If you haven't, please do so. However, please note that you'll need to go through the re-registration process after deleting the file. Thus, if you don't have a copy of your registration numbers, please call our Support first before doing any steps.

1. Open this link: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Choose QuickBooks Desktop.
  3. Click Continue as a guest.
  4. Select your QuickBooks Desktop version.
  5. Choose QuickBooks Setup & Navigation.
  6. Scroll down and click on Start a message.

If there's anything that we can help you today, please feel free to give us a short reply below.

PeterWysocki
Level 1

Please call me at [removed phone no.]. Thank you 

Juliet R. Rosario

Fiat Lux - ASIA
Level 15

@PeterWysocki 

Go to the Help menu and ask the call back from there. If someone call your numbers directly, they are scammers.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us