cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jwpw1977
Level 1

I bought a new computer. How do I transfer my QuickBooks 2018 to my new computer?

I bought two computers and need to transfer the Quickbooks Premier 2018 to it. How do you do this

1 Comment 1
BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

I bought a new computer. How do I transfer my QuickBooks 2018 to my new computer?

Hey there, @Jwpw1977.

I'd be please to assist you with transferring your QuickBooks 2018 to your new computer.

When transferring your QuickBooks to a new computer, you'll need to create a backup copy and restore it after the installation process. After that, you can now start installing QuickBooks.

Here's how:

1. Download QuickBooks Desktop.
  2. Select Yes to All.
  3. Select Next.
  4. Agree to the Software License Agreement, then select Next.
  5. Enter your License and Product numbers, then select Next.
  6. Select the type of installation for the computer.
  7. Select where you will be using QuickBooks.
  8. Choose a new install location or select Next to install to the default directory.
  9. Select Install.
  10. Select Open QuickBooks to get started.

For complete details about this process, please refer to this article: Install QuickBooks Desktop.

If you need further assistance with these steps, I'd suggest reaching out to our Customer Care Team. They have the necessary tools that can walk you through the entire procedure.

There you have it.

Please let me know how it goes or if you have any concerns with QuickBooks. I'll be around to help you out. Have a good one. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us