cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

I have two accounts, one with payroll and one without, how do I turn off payroll option for the account that does not need payroll?

I have two accounts, one for business, which requires payroll and one account that does not require payroll.  How do I turn off payroll on the account that I do not need payroll for but keep it for the account that I do need it for?

1 Comment

Re: I have two accounts, one with payroll and one without, how do I turn off payroll option for t...

Thank you for posting in the Community, @Bvig.

I'd be glad to help turn off the payroll that you don't need for your company file. 

In QuickBooks Desktop, you have the option to remove the payroll's service key if you don't process any payroll for that company. This process will turn off the feature but doesn't cancel the payroll subscription.

You can follow the detailed steps in removing the service key on this article link: Remove payroll service key.

That should do it. If you may need other payroll references in the future, you can check out our site: Help articles for QuickBooks Payroll.

Don't hesitate to leave me a response below if you have questions with the process. I'll be around to help.