cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stokescorp
Level 1

I would like to send a back up copy to my accountant. How do I back up?

Solved
Best answer March 20, 2019

Best Answers
PreciousB

Thanks for reaching out to the Community, stokescorp.

I can share some insights about sending a backup copy to your accountant in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

QBO is cloud-based accounting software. As mentioned by john-pero, we are unable to manually create a backup copy for your accountant. Instead, you can invite them as a user in your QBO account.

I'm happy to show you how:

1. Select the Gear icon at the top, then Manage Users.
  2. Go to Accounting firms section.
  3. Enter your accountant's email address.
  4. Click Invite.

image.png

Your accountant will receive an email invitation with instructions for signing into your company. The status on the Manage Users page will show as Invited and will change to Active once the invitation is accepted.

Here's an article that may come handy: How to manage an accountant user in QuickBooks Online.

That information should get you on the right track. As always, I'm only a few clicks away if you should have questions about this or anything else. Take care.

View solution in original post

2 Comments 2
john-pero
Community Champion

Using the online version you do not and cannot create a backup for any purpose, at least not without buying a third party app purported to backup for you but it is only good for your own login.

What you do is invite your accountant as an accountant user

PreciousB

Thanks for reaching out to the Community, stokescorp.

I can share some insights about sending a backup copy to your accountant in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

QBO is cloud-based accounting software. As mentioned by john-pero, we are unable to manually create a backup copy for your accountant. Instead, you can invite them as a user in your QBO account.

I'm happy to show you how:

1. Select the Gear icon at the top, then Manage Users.
  2. Go to Accounting firms section.
  3. Enter your accountant's email address.
  4. Click Invite.

image.png

Your accountant will receive an email invitation with instructions for signing into your company. The status on the Manage Users page will show as Invited and will change to Active once the invitation is accepted.

Here's an article that may come handy: How to manage an accountant user in QuickBooks Online.

That information should get you on the right track. As always, I'm only a few clicks away if you should have questions about this or anything else. Take care.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us