cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Established Member

If the annual forms link does not work how can I access the forms for printing my W-2's?

How can I get the annual forms link to work?
5 Comments
Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Re: If the annual forms link does not work how can I access the forms for printing my W-2's?

Let me help you get the Annual Forms link work again and file your forms, Cleaning.

I've tried to access the Annual Forms on a Chrome to see if we both experience the same thing. It seems to be working fine. 

This could be a browser issue. We can try a few steps to see if this is the case.

• Sign in to your QuickBooks Online company using the incognito mode or private browsing mode and see if the Annual Forms link is working. 
  • If you got it to work, clear the temporary Internet files/cache in your main browser. This helps tidy up old files that the browser may try to use that can cause misbehaving links, button, etc.  
  • Try other supported browsers (Firefox and Internet Explorer).

You might also want to restart your PC to refresh your system. 

Let me know if you got the chance to try these steps and how it turned out. I'm right here with you. 

Re: If the annual forms link does not work how can I access the forms for printing my W-2's?

If this doesn't work, then what?

QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @Jolynn1026.

I appreciate you reaching out. Allow me to step in and share some information why you're unable to access your W-2s.

Currently, we have an open investigation about the annual link not working on the WorkForce site. This results in being unable to access your W-2 form. As a workaround, you can ask your Payroll Admin or business owner to email or print your W-2.

We’ll need to set up and add your login details to our notification list. The Community is a public space, and we’re unable to gather personal data to pull up your account. For this reason, I recommend contacting our QBO Payroll Support.

I will also add a message or update this thread once I get some notifications. 

Let me know if you have other concerns or questions. I'm always here to offer help. Just leave a comment below or mention my name. Have a good one!

I should have clarified. I am the Accountant and am attempting to submit the W-2s and W-3 electronically and print the EE forms to be mailed. I printed a draft of the EE W-2s but am now unable to access them and have no ability to e-file them. I keep receiving the error, "There are no forms in this category." when I click the Quarterly Forms, Annual Forms, Employee Setup and Employer Setup links, under the Taxes, Payroll Tax tab.

I am accessing my clients QuickBooks Plus via accountants access. As I understand this does not use the WorkForce Site. As I understand, I have the same access as Payroll Admin and business owner.

QuickBooks Team

Hi there, Jolynn1026.

Thanks for getting back to us. Let me help get this sorted out to so you can file your W-2s and W-3 Form successfully. 

We haven't received any similar reports about the error when filing W-2s and W-3 form, and I appreciate you for taking the time to report this. Let's perform some basic troubleshooting steps by logging in to QBO using a private browser or incognito window. This mode allows you to do a clean search, free from the influence of previous browsing history and network. 

Here are the keyboard shortcuts to open private browser: 

• Google Chrome: press Ctrl+Shift+N
  • Mozilla Firefox: press Ctrl+Shift+P
  • Internet Explorer: press Ctrl+Shift+P
  • Safari: press Command+Shift+P

If you're able to file W-2s and W-3 form successfully with private browser, I suggest clearing your browser's cache to start fresh. The next time you log in to QuickBooks Online, your browser will download fresh copies of everything you see on each page. Any cache-related issues should be cleared up. 

If the issue persists, I recommend calling our QuickBooks Online Support Team. They have the tools to do a remote session and investigate this further.

Here's how you can contact our phone support:

1. Click this link: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Select the version of QuickBooks, and click Contact Us.
  3. Type-in Customer Support on the search bar.
  4. And click Get the Phone number below. 

For additional reference, you may check this article on how to process and file W-2 forms.

Please let me know how it goes. I'll be around to help if you have any other questions about the W-2s and W-3 Form. Wishing you and your business continued success.