cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable
Solved

In qbooks desktop 2016 & 2017, where is the auotmatic change decimal place in preferences?

Best answer 12-10-2018 09:13 PM

Accepted Solutions
Community Contributor *

Go to Edit>Preferences.  In the Preferences window, selec...

Go to Edit>Preferences.  In the Preferences window, select General.  Under My Preferences tab, you will see the check box to Automatically Place Decimal Point.  Click OK after making your selection (checked or unchecked, as desired) to save your changes.

Does this help you?

Andrea
6 Comments
Community Contributor *

Go to Edit>Preferences.  In the Preferences window, selec...

Go to Edit>Preferences.  In the Preferences window, select General.  Under My Preferences tab, you will see the check box to Automatically Place Decimal Point.  Click OK after making your selection (checked or unchecked, as desired) to save your changes.

Does this help you?

Andrea

Re: Go to Edit>Preferences. In the Preferences window, selec...

What about on an invoice, if I want to limit or round the price per weight to 2 decimal places, it will force my sale amount up by a few cents. And when I force the total amount back down, it changes the weight again to show 4 decimal places.  I don't want to see 4 decimal places on our invoice. QB desktop 2015. Any suggestions?

QuickBooks Team

Hi, @mfree.

Thank you for your response. Let me help share some information about decimal places in QuickBooks.

At this time, QuickBooks Desktop can only show two decimal places. We can't change the decimal places in an invoice because the field only accepts two decimal places. Please see attached screenshot.

I've seen similar requests from other customers about the ability to change decimal places in QuickBooks. I'd suggest you also send a feature request about this. The more requests we receive about a specific feature, the more likely it gets implemented.

Here's how you can send feedback:

1. Got to Help menu and select Send Feedback Online.
  2. Click Product Suggestion.

Let me know if you have additional questions about your invoice. I'm here to help.

Experienced Member

This is an estimate that shows way more than 2 decimal places in the cost field.  How do I prevent this from happening?  It also shows the same on the invoice.

Experienced Member

It is automatically placing multiple decimal places after the . on an estimate or an invoice.  Please tell me how to get this to round up.

QuickBooks Team

Hi, @Octal.

Thanks for joining in the discussion. I'm here to help figure out why you're having multiple decimal places on your estimate.

The cost automatically calculates based on the quantity and total amount you entered in your estimate. This will include multiple decimal places to view the total cost divided from the total amount. 

Please see attached sample below for your reference. 

For now, the option to get this to round up is not available in QuickBooks Desktop. 

If you need help articles in the future, you can always refer to this website: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Help-articles/ct-p/help-articles-us?label=QuickBooks%20Deskt....

Please don't hesitate to also ask again in the Community if you have additional questions about decimal places on your transaction forms. I'm just around the corner if you need my help.