cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Installation stops at 99%

I just purchased 2019 Desktop, downloaded the .exe file just fine.  When I run it, it just stops at 99% and will not complete.  I've tried it several times, same thing each time.  What are my options?

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Installation stops at 99%

Thanks for joining our forums, @Simbot,

It's nice to have you as a new member of the Community. Let's make sure you're able to complete the installation process of your QuickBooks software. 

Performance issues when installing QuickBooks can be caused by any of the following:

• Slow internet connection.
  • The file size of your installation is too large. (When upgrading an existing QuickBooks file to a higher version).
  • The installation link is corrupted or broken.
  • Your computer did not meet the minimum system requirements for QuickBooks 2019installation.

If you don't have any of these situations, but still getting the same issue, I'd recommend doing a clean installation. This allows QuickBooks to create a new folder to replace broken installation files. Let me guide you on how to do that:

1. Download the QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Tool.exe file.
  2. Save it to your desktop.
  3. Open QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe.
  4. Select I Accept on the license agreement.
  5. Choose the version of your QuickBooks Desktop.
  6. Click on Continue.
  7. Click OK when you see the message "QuickBooks is now ready for a clean install, please install to the default directory."

Here's an article you can check out to know more about installing QuickBooks using clean install: Reinstall QuickBooks for Windows Using Clean Install

Please be reminded to always back up your company file before performing any installation to avoid accidental data loss.

That should do it. Please let me know how it goes by posting a comment below. I look forward to your response on this. Have a great weekend!

I never did get it to complete more than 99% even after running the clean install tool.  But I noticed it added a new icon on the desk top, so I ran that, and it successfully installed.  Getting the license number was an additional hassle, said I would get an e-mail with that number, but did not. 

QuickBooks Team

Hi there, Simbot.

We appreciate you doing the troubleshooting steps for installing QuickBooks. You can try checking your spam folder to see if the email sent by Intuit routed to that location.

You can also sign in to My Account page to see all your purchased software and their installation numbers.

Visit us again if you need anything else. I'm here to help.