cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gwynnMVP
Level 3

Is it safe to remove older versions of quickbooks?

I installed quickbooks pro 2018 several months ago.  Is it safe to remove the older versions of quickbooks?

3 Comments 3
BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Welcome to the Community, @gwynnMVP.

Allow me to share some insights about removing an older version of QuickBooks.

Yes, you can remove the older version of QuickBooks as long as you are no longer using it. You can also restore its backup copy and download it again if you want to. 

To learn more about this process, please check out these articles:

That should do it!

Please let me know if you have any other questions about this concern. I'll be here to help you out. Have a nice day!

gwynnMVP
Level 3

Hi BettyJaneB -

Thank you for your answer!! 

I should have made myself more clear.  I DO still use QuickBooks Desktop Pro 2018 - all day every day.  However, after updating to the 2018 version last year, I  still have saved QB versions 2014 - 2017 on my computer.  I am trying to clean up my hard drive and have more room and wanted to remove these older versions ONLY if it is safe and in doing so, I won't lose any information and that it won't interfere with my current 2018 version. 

Thank you so much!

gwynnMVP

BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Hello again, @gwynnMVP.

Thank you for explaining further about what you're trying to accomplish. Let me share some clarifications about this concern.

Yes, it is safe to remove older versions of QuickBooks from your computer. Before doing that, make sure to back up all your companies in each version. Then save them on your computer/drive so you still have copies of your data in case you'll need them in the future.

To learn more about creating a backup copy for your QuickBooks, please refer to this article: Create backup of the QuickBooks Desktop company file.

Please know that I'm just a reply away should you need anything else. Wishing you and your business continued success.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us