cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ruthhambleton
Level 1

Is quickbooks 2014 compatible with windows 10? Upgraded to Windows 10. I have 2014 QB Premier non profit version asking for IE6 before it will open.

Solved
Best answer December 10, 2018

Best Answers
Rustler
Level 15

Is quickbooks 2014 compatible with windows 10? Upgraded to Windows 10. I have 2014 QB Premier non profit version asking for IE6 before it will open.

this was reported by one user as a workaround to get an older version of QB to run on win10 - might be worth a try

1. Open Windows 10 Firewall
2. Click on Advanced Settings (On left side)
3. Click on “Outbound Rules” (On left side)
4. Right side click “New Rule”
5. Program, Next
6. Browse to program path, C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks XXXX\QBW32.EXE, Next
7. Block the connection, Next
8. Check all boxes, Next
9. Enter Name (example QB fix)
10. Click Finish

View solution in original post

4 Comments 4
Rustler
Level 15

this was reported by one user as a workaround to get an older version of QB to run on win10 - might be worth a try

1. Open Windows 10 Firewall
2. Click on Advanced Settings (On left side)
3. Click on “Outbound Rules” (On left side)
4. Right side click “New Rule”
5. Program, Next
6. Browse to program path, C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks XXXX\QBW32.EXE, Next
7. Block the connection, Next
8. Check all boxes, Next
9. Enter Name (example QB fix)
10. Click Finish

qbteachmt
Level 15

My clients that run QB 2014 on Windows 10 see Balance Sheet accounts with backwards balances. Reports seem to be fine, though. Also, you cannot Send Email from QB 2014 or run payroll from it or do online banking with it.

IntuitJill
Level 3

Hi ruthhambleton, 

Thanks for asking. I'd be glad to share with you how QuickBooks 2014 works with Windows 10.

It's important to note that QuickBooks 2014 is no longer a supported version of QuickBooks. To know more about this, you can refer to this article: QuickBooks Desktop Service Discontinuation (Disco) Policy. Additionally, QuickBooks 2014 and older versions aren't compatible with Windows 10. You can read more about it here: Windows 10 FAQ

You might want to review the system requirements for QuickBooks Premier 2014 below: 

https://community.intuit.com/replies/2666694

Regarding your second question, there are multiple reasons why this message appears. It can be either of the following:

• Internet Explorer is turned off.
  • The version of Internet Explorer installed on the computer is earlier than version 6.0.
  • There is an incorrect Windows registry key. 

I've got a few solutions to address this, however, it may or may not work since we're working on an unsupported version of QuickBooks. Make sure to have a backup copy of your company file before performing the steps in this article: Error - This Version of QuickBooks Requires Microsoft Internet Explorer Version 6.0 or Later

Let me know when you got the chance to try these suggestions, and how they worked out for you.

perrynm912
Level 1

The issue I found is that QB2014 is wedded to Internet Explorer. If IE is not on your system, it will not install. MS is pushing it's new browser and not all issues of Windows 10 have IE with them, but you can find them here:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/internet-explorer-downloads-d49e1f0d-571c-9a7b-d97e-be2488...

I did try Rustler's solution, but that did not work until AFTER IE was installed. It may well take both of those steps to get it to work. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us