cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ivan3
Level 1

My QB desktop app for MAC no longer works after the last update. Just opens and nothng appears. Please advise.

7 Comments 7
RCV
QuickBooks Team
QuickBooks Team

My QB desktop app for MAC no longer works after the last update. Just opens and nothng appears. Please advise.

Hi there, Ivan.

Let's check if your computer meets the QuickBooks app requirements for Mac. You can check out this article for the details: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Apps/QuickBooks-App-for-Windows-and-Mac-General-support/m-p/...

If you have met the system requirements, you can uninstall and reinstall QuickBooks app on your computer to refresh it.

Here's how to uninstall the app:
  1. Drag the QuickBooks Windows app from the Applications folder to the Trash.
  2. To completely remove the app, go to Finder and choose Empty Trash.

Then, follow the steps below to reinstall it:

1. Select the QuickBooks.dmg file in the downloads section.
  2. Drag QuickBooks to the Applications folder.
  3. From the Applications folder, launch the QuickBooks App and the program will load to the sign-on page.

Feel free to leave a comment below if you have more questions. Thanks!

pmcelwee
Level 2

I had the same problem, tried reinstalling, but I still got an unresponsive app.

Then, I tried going to Help > Reset App Data ... and it works again.

pmcelwee
Level 2

I had the same problem. Reinstalling didn't work for me, but Help > Reset App Data did.

Malcolm Ziman
Level 10

I got an update alert, and then it loaded after I installed the update.

You can open multiple companies at the same time now; nice!

GDS2
Level 2

Reset app data did the trick----Thanks so much!

MorganB
Content Leader

It's great to hear everything is running smoothly, GDS2. The Community always has your back if you ever need assistance again in the future. Take care.

jlegg
Level 1

And by "Help > Reset App Data" he means, using the "Help" tab at the top of the screen, not the "Help" on the right side of the App.

Btw, it just worked for me also.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us