cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jordonalexander1
Level 1

My logo is showing up on the screen, but is printing all black on my forms. How can I fix this?

15 Comments 15
Alessandra_B
QuickBooks Team

My logo is showing up on the screen, but is printing all black on my forms. How can I fix this?

Thank you for posting here in the Community, @jordonalexander1.

Let's check your Print Preview setup and your forms printed in colors.

Here's how:

1. Click on the Gear icon, choose Custom Form Styles.
2. On the form Action column drop-down, click Preview PDF.

3.  On the upper part of the preview, click on the Print icon.

4. On the Color drop-down, choose Color.
5. Click on Print.

If it's still the same, please consider checking your printer setting. This way, we can identify if it's set to print in color or in black and white. If you want, you can seek help from an IT professional so they can check your printer.

If you have other concerns, please leave a comment below. I'll be happy to help you. 

associatedgraphics
Level 1

This is not the printer settings. It is not recognizing the logo and just prints a black box.

Alessandra_B
QuickBooks Team

Thank you for reaching out to us, @associatedgraphics.

Let me share a few insights so you can successfully upload help your logo.

This happens when the logo doesn't meet the guidelines in uploading a logo. Let's first check if the logo you're using fits to the requirements of QuickBooks:

• The logo is a .gif, .bmp, .png, .jpg, .jpe, or .jpeg file.
  • The file size is smaller than 10 MB.
  • It has a bit depth (or color depth) of 24-bits or less.
  • It uses the standard RGB color space (RGB).
  • The shape of the logo is square. Rectangles don't work.

Feel free to read this article for further information: How to Add, Customize, and Troubleshoot Logo on Sales Forms?

If you have other concerns, please leave a comment below.

cfrostcpa
Level 1

Did you ever get this resolved?  I am having the exact same issue....

JanyRoseB
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @cfrostcpa.

Thanks for joining this thread. I'm here to guide you to the right support so you can get the help you need. 

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided by my colleague Alessandra_B? If the issue still persists, I encourage you to get in touch with our Care Support Team to investigate this further. They can also create a new investigation for this issue and once it has been open, you’ll be receiving an email notification about the updates and progress.

Here's how you can contact our phone support: 

1. Go to: Get help with QuickBooks Online.
  2. Click the contact us link. 
  3. Select the Search for something else, and type-in Customer Support
  4. Click Search.
  5. Scroll-down and click Get Phone Number

Please let us know how it goes by clicking the Reply button below. We're always here to help you out if you have any other concerns. Have a good one. 

JMarsh
Level 1

Is the answer actually that the logo has to be square?

We have a rectangular logo and are not going to spend hundreds of dollars getting it re-designed..

Mark_R
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @JMarsh.

We recommend uploading your logo in a square shape. Though you can try uploading a logo in another shape, like rectangle, you may get an undesirable result. The logo might get uploaded but look distorted in QuickBooks Online, or your logo won't really get accepted and uploaded.

I've got a workaround that you may consider. You can crop the rectangular logo to a square to upload it without encountering an error.

Fill me in if you have any other questions about the logo. I'll be around if you need any help.

3Dogs
Level 2

"4. On the Color drop-down, choose Color."  there is no Color drop-down.  Only allows you to view preview, not edit it.

3Dogs
Level 2

Not only is logo a black box on printed out hardcopy,  It's a black box on pdfs from the "saved as" drop down as well.  The invoice is printing out in color.  The logo is showing up as a black box.  Is there a way to fix this, or do I need to switch accounting software?

3Dogs
Level 2

Your saying the logo that was working on my forms is no longer compatible with Quick Books.  Therefore I need to hire a graphic designer to format it to Quick Book's needs.    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3Dogs
Level 2

What did you say that phone number was?  That's all I need.  Not 50 steps of instructions on how to find the number myself.   

gorbee
Level 1

That is RIDICULOUS!  What idiot designed the software to only except square logos!?!?

Time to make the jump to fresh books

JonpriL

Hi @3Dogs and @gorbee,

Currently, we have an on-going issue where users are seeing a black logo on preview and printing all sales forms.

Rest assured our engineering team is in all hands in working to fix this issue.

In the meantime, if you've already followed the above troubleshooting steps but the issue persists, you can repair your Adobe PDF Reader. You can consider this as one reason why you're seeing a black logo. Here's how:

1. Go to Start.
  2. Select Control Panel.
  3. Choose Programs and Features.
  4. Click Acrobat or Adobe Reader.
  5. Select Uninstall/Change.
  6. Choose Next and then Repair.
  7. Hit Next and then Install.
  8. Click Finish.

In addition, here's an article you can read to learn more about repairing your PDF reader: How to Update, Repair, or Re-install Adobe Reader/Acrobat?

However, I'd still recommend contacting our Customer Care Support. This way, you'll be added to the list of affected users and will receive updates through email.

To contact our support, here's how:

1. Go to Help.
  2. Select Contact us.
  3. Enter Black Logo in the How can we help? field.
  4. Choose Start a chat or Get the number.

Also, I've included our detailed guide in contacting our support: Contact the QuickBooks Online Customer Support Team.

Lastly, you can always visit our Help Articles page for QuickBooks Online if in case you need to learn some "How do I" steps.

We appreciate your patience as we are working for a permanent fix.

Phil La Fara
Level 1

My problem is that the logo image has become reversed in color after installing a new printer and software. I upgraded to newer HP officejet pro 8610 and before I upgraded the software, the logo printed just fine but now the colors are in reversed (inverted) mode. Any suggestions please would be helpful. Thank you in advanced.

Port Plumbing logo.jpg

RoseJillB
QuickBooks Team

Thank you for joining the thread, @Phil La Fara. Let me assist you with your concern about printing a business logo in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

You can add, customize, or remove logos on sales form according to your preferences. To do so click, here.

Regarding the inverted result when printing the logo, I suggest you reach out to HP’s customer support to assist you further. You can check their contact details on their designated website.

Additionally, you can check out this article for more details about repairing your PDF reader: How to update, repair, or re-install Adobe Reader/Acrobat.

Let me know when you need further assistance. The Community always has your back. Have a great day!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us