cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

New PC (windows 10) need to reinstall QuickBooks Pro 2015 but it won't install

so lucky for us (or maybe not) we are moving to the quickbooks cloud this summer, but in the meantime my hard drive crashed and so the new OS is Windows 10 Pro. 

We have downloaded

http://http-download.intuit.com/http.intuit/Downloads/2015/Latest/Setup_QuickBooksPro2015.exe

and tried doing the install but it keeps failing.

with this:

Product: Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable - x86 9.0.30729.17 -- Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly 'policy.9.0.Microsoft.VC90.MFCLOC,version="9.0.30729.1",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",processorArchitecture="x86",type="win32-policy"'. Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x80070246. assembly interface: IAssemblyCacheItem, function: Commit, component: {4A76FC7C-9919-346C-93AE-C5623D64C23A}

Interestingly the above I believe is 32-bit yet this is a 64-bit OS.   Any help would be appreciated.  Again, we are moving to the cloud this summer (just not there yet).

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: New PC (windows 10) need to reinstall QuickBooks Pro 2015 but it won't install

Hi montanaguy2018,

Below are the possible reasons why you get Error 1935: An error occurred during the installation of assembly:

• Microsoft .NET Framework system files are in use by another installation.
  • Anti-virus/anti-spyware applications are preventing installation.
  • .NET Framework is not installed, damaged, or a program is preventing the installation.

To get this fix, you'll want to reboot your computer first. Then, temporarily disable your anti-virus and reinstall again.

Please refer to this article for the step-by-step instructions: Troubleshoot Error 1935.

If you're still unable to install, please proceed with installing QuickBooks in Selective Startup.

Get back to me if you need further assistance. I'm here to help you some more.

Experienced Member

Re: New PC (windows 10) need to reinstall QuickBooks Pro 2015 but it won't install

ok so rebooted the machine then ran the Quickbooks Desktop Install Diagnostics Tool and it did a repair and came back ok.  

See enclosed attachment.  Then after that it jumped into the install again and then a 

Error 1722 complaining about InstallAx.exe 

QuickBooks Team

I appreciate you performing the steps given above, @montanaguy2018.

Allow me to join into this conversation and help share some troubleshooting steps to get past the error 1722 that you received upon installing QuickBooks. 

Error 1722 is usually caused by a damaged Microsoft .NET Framework. This is a Microsoft component used by programs, such as QuickBooks, to integrate with Web applications.

To single this issue out, ensure to update Windows to the latest release.

Here's how:

1. On your keyboard, press the Windows key.
  2. Type Windows Update in the search bar.
  3. Select Check for Updates.

If the problem continues, you can try repairing the .Net Framework. To do that, please refer to solution number 3 found in this article: Repair Microsoft .NET Framework.

You can also scan into these articles below for more troubleshooting steps in fixing installation errors in QuickBooks Desktop:

However, if the issue persists after trying these steps, I'd suggest reaching out to your IT guy or you may contact Microsoft as there may be damage to your operating system.

Also, in case you're ready to convert your files to QuickBooks for cloud on summer, you can check out this article that will guide you through the conversion process: Convert QuickBooks Desktop file to QuickBooks Online.

This should get you moving today. 

Don't hesitate to let me know if you have any other questions about this process or anything QuickBooks related. I'm always here to help you out. Thanks for dropping by and have a nice day ahead!