cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Experienced Member

Paypal Quickbooks Online App - Non-Syncing Transactions / Transaction Syncing Errors

To be clear, this appears to be a product flaw or limitation, not necessarily a "bug" that can be fixed via the normal product investigation.  Quickbooks Online Support has outright said that this is not an issue that can be "investigated" through the normal channels.

Vendors can send invoices (bills) via Paypal.  How they designate item quantities affects whether or not it will import / sync with Quickbooks Online using the Paypal app features.

Any time an invoice (bill) is sent with any item line that has a zero-quantity, the transaction cannot import from Paypal to Quickbooks Online.

The issue is not resolved using the following navigation in Quickbooks Online, Apps (tab) > My Apps > Paypal > Settings > Fix Errors > FAQ/other.

Again, this appears to be the Paypal app working as-designed, and is simply a flaw or limitation of the app's design.

Primarily, the app simply needs to be reconfigured to accommodate or omit zero-values to allow syncing of those transactions.  It is not feasible to inform senders to accommodate or update their invoices (bills) to work-around this type of product issue.  Please advise or respond if this is an issue that can be addressed.

1 Comment
Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Re: Paypal Quickbooks Online App - Non-Syncing Transactions / Transaction Syncing Errors

Welcome aboard, Jeremy C.

I'm here to share some information about integrating a third party app in QuickBooks Online.

The data imported to QuickBooks Online depends on the information shared by the PayPal app. Since you're unable to sync your transactions coming from PayPal, I encourage you to give them a call.

Their Customer Support Team will be able to check your account and the settings of the app to help with the import.

If you have additional questions related to your QuickBooks product, please don't hesitate to reach out. Wishing you all the best.