cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Explorer **
Solved

QB 2018 Pro Update

I need to get into the Merchant Service Center but QB is telling me that is no longer available unless I download the most recent update. The last time I downloaded an update (October of last year) it was a disaster. The problem involved emailing invoices. The "View and pay invoice" button would not appear on the invoice emails, so customers could not pay their invoices with QB Payments. I spent multiple sessions and many hours on the phone with the Intuit tech support, to no avail.  The problem was only resolved (after weeks and weeks) when I bought a new computer and had to reinstall QB on it.

After that experience, I turned off the automatic update feature and now am very gun shy about any updates. I guess my question is; has anybody had any problems related to a recent update to QB 2018 Pro?

Best answer 04-19-2019 08:48 AM

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: QB 2018 Pro Update

Thanks for reaching out to the QuickBooks Community, Hull Diver.

Let me help share some information about updating QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) to the latest release. 

We haven't received any similar reports about this issue. Updating QuickBooks to the latest release helps ensure both Merchant and QuickBooks services are compatible. 

Let's manually update your QuickBooks so you'll be able get into the Merchant Service Center. Here's how:

1. Close your company file(s), then close QuickBooks.
  2. Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon on your desktop, then select Run as administrator.
  3. While on the No Company Open screen, go to the Help menu, then choose Update QuickBooks...
  4. Go to the Options tab, select Mark All. then select Save.
  5. Go to the Update Now tab, then mark the Reset Update box.
  6. Select Get Updates button.
  7. When Update Complete appears, close QuickBooks Desktop.
  8. Reopen QuickBooks Desktop. If you get the message to install update, select Yes.
  9. When the installation is complete, restart your computer.

Since you've turn off the Automatic Update feature, I recommend manually updating your QuickBooks once a month.

For additional reference, you can check these articles: 

That should do it! Don't hesitate to leave a comment below if you have other questions about the Merchant or QuickBooks Service. I'll be around to help. 

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: QB 2018 Pro Update

Thanks for reaching out to the QuickBooks Community, Hull Diver.

Let me help share some information about updating QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) to the latest release. 

We haven't received any similar reports about this issue. Updating QuickBooks to the latest release helps ensure both Merchant and QuickBooks services are compatible. 

Let's manually update your QuickBooks so you'll be able get into the Merchant Service Center. Here's how:

1. Close your company file(s), then close QuickBooks.
  2. Right-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon on your desktop, then select Run as administrator.
  3. While on the No Company Open screen, go to the Help menu, then choose Update QuickBooks...
  4. Go to the Options tab, select Mark All. then select Save.
  5. Go to the Update Now tab, then mark the Reset Update box.
  6. Select Get Updates button.
  7. When Update Complete appears, close QuickBooks Desktop.
  8. Reopen QuickBooks Desktop. If you get the message to install update, select Yes.
  9. When the installation is complete, restart your computer.

Since you've turn off the Automatic Update feature, I recommend manually updating your QuickBooks once a month.

For additional reference, you can check these articles: 

That should do it! Don't hesitate to leave a comment below if you have other questions about the Merchant or QuickBooks Service. I'll be around to help.