Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Explorer **
Solved

QB for MAC 2019 sharing with accountant

Hi,

I have been using QB 2015 Pro PC on Parallels on my MAC.  My accountant had told me a few years ago that she could not use the MAC QB file to work on.

January 1, 2019 I started with QB Online as per my accountants suggestion and I really don't like it.  It is missing so many things.  Tonight I was looking on the Intuit website and saw QB MAC 2019 and one of the new items said "Share data with your accountant or other Windows based users...

1. QuickBooks Desktop Mac 2019 can exchange data with QuickBooks Pro, Premier and Premier Accountant Edition 2019 for Windows (U.S. versions between Mac and Windows)

I am hoping that I am reading this correctly that I can purchase QB MAC 2019 and send the QBB files to my accountant each month and be able to use the updated QBB file when she sends it back?

Please let me know if I am seeing this correctly.  This would be awesome.

Thank you

Elliot

Best answer 01-28-2019 10:03 PM

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: QB for MAC 2019 sharing with accountant

Hi there, Elliot. 

You might want to use the Desktop file. Your QBB file might have some information that is not in your QBO file such as reconciliation reports, audit trail, and recurring credit card charges. Also, you can't directly transfer QBO data to Mac without exporting the file first to Desktop. 

Please check out these links and articles for more details:

Let me know if you need more help while converting your file. The QuickBooks Team and the Community is always here to help.

5 Comments
Established Community Backer ***

You are seeing it correctly. Different than in QB for PC where we can send an Accountant's Copy and keep working until the change file comes back, you can in fact, in QB2019 for Mac create a PC compatible QBB file to send to your accountant using any version of 2019 for PC. I have included a link to a users guide for  QB2019 for Mac. Accountant sharing instructions are on page 25

Community Explorer **

Thank you for responding so quickly.

That is great news.  It makes it easier for both platforms (Windows and MAC) to work together.  

Now the question is: Do I install the QBB from the 2015 QB Pro or do I download and use the QB Online file?

Elliot

QuickBooks Team

Hi there, Elliot. 

You might want to use the Desktop file. Your QBB file might have some information that is not in your QBO file such as reconciliation reports, audit trail, and recurring credit card charges. Also, you can't directly transfer QBO data to Mac without exporting the file first to Desktop. 

Please check out these links and articles for more details:

Let me know if you need more help while converting your file. The QuickBooks Team and the Community is always here to help.

Community Explorer **

Thank you....great information

QuickBooks Team

You're welcome,  elazarus.

Visit us again in the Community if you have other questions.