cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Contributor *

QBMac 2019 wont remember passwords to download transactions.

I cant get QB2019 Mac to remember passwords to 'download transactions' via Direct Connect.  Sometimes it asks for keychain access, but not always . I have deleted the "Chase" keychain passwords in the "keychain access" window but it still wont remember the passwords and I have to enter them each time. I dont know enough about Keychain to make more changes without knowing what's what.

Thanks

2 Comments

Re: QBMac 2019 wont remember passwords to download transactions.

It's nice to see you again in the Community, @zenkengee.

The password should be saved if you checked the Save/Add to Keychain box during the initial Online Banking Setup. Deleting it in the Keychain will remove the saved password when it connects to Online Banking.

To further investigate why QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) Mac won't remember your password, I highly suggest contacting our Phone Support team. They have tools such as screen-sharing (remote access) that can check your account in a secure environment and perform some troubleshooting steps.

Please refer to this article for the detailed steps on how to reach them: Contact the QuickBooks Desktop Customer Support Team.

I'm also including these articles for additional information:

Please let me know how the call goes by leaving a comment. I want to make sure this is taken care of for you. Have a great rest of the day.

Highlighted
Established Community Backer ***

Re: QBMac 2019 wont remember passwords to download transactions.

Apple's Keychain mechanism is capable of quite a lot of options.  First, launch Keychain Access (you can find it by typing its name in Spotlight).  

That shows you your keychains in the top left. By default you use the login keychain.  Normally this keychain is "loaded" when you log into your Mac user account. Note that there are other keychains possible - you can create new ones, there are some system ones, etc.

In the top right of the window is a search field. Type Banking in this field.  The QuickBooks online banking passwords are all named things like:

BankingAccountPasswordFor Chase BID 10898

Where they start with "BankingAccountPasswordFor" and then go on to the Bank name and other things.  You should see an entry there for Chase if you have saved the Chase password to the keychain.  If you don't see one then one won't be auto entered.   

So the first question is do you see one for Chase?