cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yohankurniadi
Level 1

Quickbooks Desktop Compatibility with Windows Server 2019

I have QuikcBooks Enterprise Solutions - Retail Edition 19.0 installed on my PC Server which running with Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard Edition. I planning to upgrade my server to Windows Server 2019 Standard Edition. Could QB 19.0 run in this version?

Please advice.

Thank you.

14 Comments 14
JamesDuanT

Hello Yohan,

Currently, QuickBooks Desktop 2019 versions only work on these Operating Systems:

• Windows 10, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed1
  • Windows 8.1 (Update 1) all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
  • Windows 7 SP1 all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
  • Windows Server 2016
  • Windows Server 2012 R2
  • Windows Server 2011, Standard and Essentials
  • Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

You can also check out this article for additional details: System Requirements for QuickBooks 2019 and Enterprise Solutions 19.0.

I'd recommend not to upgrade your Operating System yet. 

Let me know if you need anything else.

DarleneDoriot
Level 1

Do you have an timeframe of when QuickBooks 2019 will be supported on Windows Server 2019?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for joining this conversation, DarleneDoriot,

I appreciate your request for having the Windows Server 2019 supported on QuickBooks 2019. Our Support Team has not yet released the roadmap for when this gets implemented.

While this isn't an option right now, you can submit a request to our developers to let them know this is something you'd love to see. Here's how:

1. Click the Help menu bar.
  2. Scroll down to Send Feedback Online.
  3. Select Product Suggestion.
  4. Choose Product Suggestion for the Type of Feedback.
  5. Product Area is optional.
  6. Enter your suggestion.
  7. Click Send Feedback.

Your feedback is important to us. I'll do the same thing on my end to reinforce your request.

In the meantime, you can check the list of supported operating systems provided by JamesDuanT's on his answer above. Also, here's a helpful article if you'd like to know more about QuickBooks 2019 compatibility and system requirements: System requirements for QuickBooks 2019 and Enterprise Solutions 19.0

That should help you, DarleneDoriot. Please feel free to keep in touch with me if you need further help with QuickBooks. I'll be more than happy to assist you whenever you needed me. Have a good one!

Don7
Level 1

Windows Server 2019 release date was October 2018. Servers today are being shipped with it. When is it going to be supported by QB 2019? It's now March 2019!

JaneD

I appreciate you joining in this thread, Don7.

Let me provide additional information about the QuickBooks Desktop system requirements.

Our engineers are aware of this and currently working to update the system requirements of the software. Also, it has been assessed to put through its paces and take measures to check the quality and performance. This to give our users the best experience while using QuickBooks with Windows Server 2019. 

For more information, you can check out the article above provided by my colleagues, JamesDuanT and Jen_D.

If I hear of any changes about the system requirements, I will be sure to post the details here in the Community. 

This information will address your concern. Let me know if you have further question. I'll be here to answer them. Have a great day.

Gretsky99
Level 1

Ditto on this.   Server 2019 is now available on Azure so we need to be aware when support for QB is going to be avail. 

Rose-A

Hi, Gretsky99.

Allow me to help and provide you with some information about the QuickBooks Desktop compatibility.

The compatibility website will be updated once QuickBooks is available. As soon as an update is received I will be happy to update this thread and let everyone know.

These articles are a good reference:

For further assistance about QuickBooks Desktop compatibility, please let me know. I'm more than willing to lend a hand.

moballa
Level 1

Has anyone tested Quickbooks Database Server Manager on Windows Server 2019? 

moballa
Level 1

Has anyone been successful installing Quickbooks Database Server Manager on Windows Server 2019?

Mark_R
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @moballa.

Currently, Quickbooks Database Server Manager (QDSM) isn't supported on Windows Server 2019.

QDSM only work on these Operating Systems:

• Windows 10, all editions including 64-bit, natively installed1
  • Windows 8.1 (Update 1) all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
  • Windows 7 SP1 all editions including 64-bit, natively installed
  • Windows Server 2016
  • Windows Server 2012 R2
  • Windows Server 2011, Standard and Essentials
  • Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1

You can read this article for more information: System Requirements for QuickBooks 2019 and Enterprise Solutions 19.0.

Also, I want to let you know that we're taking note of your suggestions to improve the experience we're providing.

You can also visit our Blog to learn what new updates are being released, as well as additional references while working with QuickBooks.  

Please feel free to post any questions you have below. The Community is always here to help out.

IDOCH
Level 1

Don't do it. (yet)

While it worked fine for a while when it stopped -- QB Support was not able to help.

Charies_M

I appreciate you for joining this thread, IDOCH.

Our QuickBooks Desktop Support follows the system requirements. Given that the Windows Server 2019 is not yet supported in QuickBooks Desktop, we're unable to expedite the process.

Together with my colleagues above, I assure you that our engineers are working on implementing this soon. Please know that here at Intuit, it is always our aim to cope up with technological innovations that will meet our customers' needs.

For now, I encourage you to visit our QuickBooks Blog. From there, we share recent happenings and future developments plus, you're able to get the latest news about QuickBooks and what our Product Care Team is working on.

Drop me a reply below if you have other concerns and I'd be happy to help you out.

IDOCH
Level 1

I understand the compatibility requirements.

On the other hand, Server 2019 reached Generally Availability  in October of 2018 and here we are almost a year later. QuickBooks Desktop is rather adamant about their users staying on the most current version (of THEIR software) while forcing businesses to make accommodations to run older OSs to use QuickBooks.  Such situations as deferring upgrades and/or the associated expenses of keeping older servers running just for QB are not always understood by business leaders.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for joining the discussion and sharing your insights with us, @IDOCH,

I just want you to know that I hear you, and we are not taking this decision lightly. We recognize its impact on everyone.

I'll personally forward your input to our Product Development Team for consideration as they determine which features will be added next. They are constantly working to meet our customer's needs and are taking note of every feedback we forward to them.

I appreciate your patience, but feel free to contact me here if you have follow-up questions about QuickBooks. In the meantime, if you need any other help with QuickBooks, please feel free to post your questions here. I'll be available to provide further assistance, @IDOCH.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us