cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Starting yesterday, the search function on my quickbooks (Mac) desktop app has ceased to function. Clicking on it freezes the window. New app install did not work. Ideas?

8 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Starting yesterday, the search function on my quickbooks (Mac) desktop app has ceased to func...

Let me help you sort this, @papabeer.

Resetting the app data will make your desktop app act like when you first downloaded and installed it.

Here's how:

1. Click Help.
  2. Choose Reset App Data.
  3. Close and reopen the app to check if that works. 

If the same thing happens, let's uninstall and reinstall the QuickBooks Online desktop app.

Also, let's try accessing your QuickBooks Online account through the regular web browser and use the search function.

If the issue persist, I'd recommend contacting our Customer Care Team. An agent will look into your account on a secured environment and further assist you via secured remote access session.

Here's how to contact us:

1. Go to the Help menu.
  2. Click Contact Us.
  3. Under How can we help?, type in any keyword about your concern.
  4. Hit Continue.
  5. Click Get a call back to contact us.

Fill me in on how it works on your end. I'm always here to help you navigate around QuickBooks Online.

Established Member

Re: Starting yesterday, the search function on my quickbooks (Mac) desktop app has ceased to func...

Was Anyone able to clear this up and get the search to work again? I tried both of @juVielL 

Established Member

Hi @juVielL , 
 I tried both of your suggestions but still nothing helps The search is just stuck.  Have you guys found a bug in the latest version of the quickbooks online Mac app? 

Established Member

One thing to note. If you use the browser it works just fine, I can use the Search feature. It looks like a problem with the Mac App.

QuickBooks Team

Hi again, JRSD,

I appreciate you getting back to us and validating the result of the steps provided by my colleague juVielL.

I have checked this concern here in our system and we have received no reports from other users getting the same challenges. This time, I'd recommend contacting our Customer Care Support. They have the necessary tools to pull up your account in a secure environment and determine what caused the issue.

To contact us, here's how:

1. Sign in to your QuickBooks Online company account.
  2. Click Help icon on the top right.
  3. Click Contact Us at the bottom.

For the meantime, to use the search function feature, I suggest accessing your account via a web browser.

If there's anything else you need help with, please feel free to visit the Community again. I'm always here to help.

Experienced Member

I called support last week about this issue and they said it was widely reported. Now you're saying this is not been reported?

Can we download a previous version until this disaster is fixed? The web version is not remembering custom form layouts and the desktop app freezes and can barely open files. Quickbooks has essentially become useless for the past week for me. Not a lot of fun trying to run a business with broken software.

Experienced Member

Screen Shot 2019-05-16 at 9.05.52 AM.png

QuickBooks Team

Hi Tyler,

I can see that you've already reported this behavior, and thanks for attaching the screenshot of your conversation. I am also anticipating to get this fixed soon. I'd recommend contacting our Chat team again, so we can gather more documents to help us investigate this further.

In the meantime, if you need to do something in QuickBooks that doesn't require your forms, please use the a browser. That way, you can still continue doing your business. The search function is also available in QuickBooks when accessed in a browser.

On the other hand, we're unable to revert the update in the app.

Thank you for your understanding.