Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This program sucks

10 Comments
Established Community Backer ***

Re: This program sucks

good workers have good tools

Yes and this is not it. Program locks up and drops offline and closes without warning. Losing data is commonplace. Tech support is non exist and the process you have to go through to get it is hideous.

Every time I access from different device I have to verify device with txt code and as soon as I move to another device it forgets all about the one I just verified. Tech support tells me I need to run on ie because it doesn't play nice with chrome. I despise this program and if there was anything else to use I would try it. They must have a whole team that does nothing but figure out how to make this program more annoying and difficult to use.

QuickBooks Team

This happens when your account's two-step verification setting is turned on, nfaubel1.

We always take serious actions to protect the security of your account. With that being said, we give our customers two options to verify their account. These are the Multi-Factor Authentication and Two-step Verification. The first verification process can't be turned off. You'll only be asked to enter a code once, if you're using a new device. The second option, or the one that always sends the code through a text message, can be disabled.

If you're using an Incognito window or recently cleared the browsers cache, it'll make the device unrecognizable.

To disable the SMS code, simple follow these steps:

1. Log in to your Intuit Online Account.
  2. Select the Security tab.
  3. Select the Turn off link.

If your QBO account closes unexpectedly, this means that it has been inactive. The time of inactivity is based from the time that you last clicked Save. So if you walked away from the computer for 20 minutes, you could be signed out when you get back. Because even if you only left for 20 minutes or less, it has been longer since you last saved a transaction. If you're the Master Admin of the company file, you can set the company settings to keep you logged in for 3 hours.

Here's how:

1. Click the Gear icon.
  2. Under Your Company, choose Account and Settings.
  3. Go to the Advanced tab.
  4. Click the pencil icon to edit the Other Preferences section.
  5. Set the hour to Sign Me Out If Inactive for.
  6. Click Save and then Done.

To get in touch with us, you can get our current phone number here.

Please know that I'm always here if you need more help with QuickBooks. Just leave a reply, and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Established Member

People use IE?  Where?

Try using their payroll service.  Support is pathetic, they've lock us out and we have no way to run reports.  They of course have no problem taking the monthly service fee...

Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, WDF1.

I want to make sure you'll get the best help possible.

Here at Intuit, it's our priority to ensure a great customer service experience. It is our hope that in providing you with excellent support that you will feel so good about the product that you would want to recommend Quickbooks Online to a family or friend.

If you're using QuickBooks Online Payroll, please know that you can still open report though you no longer have payroll. These reports would still be available as long as the user type has a payroll access. You can visit this article for reference: Payroll reports overview.

QuickBooks has a lot of support tools you can ask for help. Aside from posting your questions here in the Community, we also have a plenty of video tutorials, articles and webinars made available for you.

Allow me to share these helpful links that you can refer to know more about navigating QuickBooks:

Don't hesitate to drop me a reply below if you have any other questions. It's always my pleasure to help.

Established Member

absolutely agree,  you enter a charge as taxes. yet under tax.  the taxes column show 0, 

you enter 3charges in vehicle insurance 

yet in taxes column shows 0 still.

the fuel mileage in 2019 is not .0545. it’s now .058. yet app shows .54.  the addition to miles do not even add up

Established Member

how come you app does not accurately show the mileage pay?   how come ur app does not list charges that are stated as taxes. shown in tax column? 

how come your app does not like stuff such as vehicle insurance ?? even tho 700 this far shows vehicle insurance.  but your tax tab shows taxes -0-

QuickBooks Team

I appreciate you joining this thread and voicing out your feedback, @hdpj.

Allow me to step in and share some insights about QuickBooks Self-Employed application. 

To ensure that the charges or the correct amount will show on the Taxes column, you'll have to update your application.

Meanwhile, we're aware that the Fuel Mileage deduction on the dashboard is showing an incorrect amount (0.54 instead of 0.58). Our engineers are diligently working to fix this issue in a timely manner. I advise going to the Mileage tab to view the correct calculation. 

I encourage you get in touch with our QBSE team to be added on our list of affected users for INV-25551. That way you'll receive automatic email updates.

Regarding Mileage pay and vehicle insurance, we calculate amounts using the standard mileage method of deducting other vehicle expenses. Set up and categorize them correctly to ensure amounts will post. For in-depth information, you can check this link: Schedule C Car and truck.

That should be enough information to keep you going today, @hdpj.

Keep me posted on how it goes or if you have any follow-up questions. I'll be here if you need further assistance. Take care.