cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Solved

We have been using QBO for about 8 months and are very unhappy for many reasons. Switching back to the Mac desktop version - how do I convert from online to desktop.

Switching back to the Mac desktop version - how do I convert from online to desktop. Very frustrated at this point. 

Best answer 12-10-2018 05:56 PM

Accepted Solutions
Established Community Backer ***

I would talk with support and have data services convert...

I would talk with support and have data services convert the file. Users are not having much success getting a clean conversion and Mac users cannot convert back without Internet Explorer to QB Windows then converting the file to QB Mac.

10 Comments

I would talk with support and have data services convert...

I would talk with support and have data services convert the file. Users are not having much success getting a clean conversion and Mac users cannot convert back without Internet Explorer to QB Windows then converting the file to QB Mac.

Thanks - and from what I have read you cannot download IE...

Thanks - and from what I have read you cannot download IE on a Mac now.  I feel like QBO has screwed me.

IE On the Mac wouldn't work anyway - it requires a Window...

IE On the Mac wouldn't work anyway - it requires a Windows machine running IE.  This is due to it using ActiveX.
Not applicable

So do I (feel screwed). QBO has been a disaster, and I've...

So do I (feel screwed). QBO has been a disaster, and I've wasted days with support being unable to help me. I think they are lost too. I even had to teach one of the 'geniuses' on support how to find my tax id! Terrible product, terrible support. QBDT was not perfect, but although time-consuming and obnoxious, it could work.

Well I work exclusively on the time-consuming and obnoxio...

Well I work exclusively on the time-consuming and obnoxious one.  So thanks!  ;-)  I can't comment on QBO as I don't work on it or use it enough to know.

AND before you do that, print out or to pdf all reports t...

AND before you do that, print out or to pdf all reports that you need, but at the minimum, P&L, balance sheet, sales tax liability, inventory valuation summary, a/r aging, etc etc

When you do get a desktop file run those same reports and they must match, or you will have to find the errors and correct them intuit will not help

Great tip.  I was going to run some balance sheets and st...

Great tip.  I was going to run some balance sheets and start manually implementing back into the desktop version which we used until May of last year.  A pain in the ass but I am over the online version.
Frequent Contributor **

Can I ask why you don't like the Online version?

Can I ask why you don't like the Online version?
Not applicable

I would also like to know why you don't like the online v...

I would also like to know why you don't like the online version. We are looking to move from Mac desktop to online and are exploring what that would mean - extra costs, how data is stored/backed-up/accessed, etc.
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor *

Re: I would also like to know why you don't like the online v...

Costly, doesn't offer MANY of the features as QB desktop does, cant edit things, no backups so if you want to restore due to messing something up from a previous back up you cannot.