cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Which quickbooks program is best for a construction company? I have simple start, how do I upgrade to the better version

6 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Which quickbooks program is best for a construction company? I have simple start, how do I up...

Hello there, @Innerglobalinc.

Thank you for posting here in the Community. Allow me to share some information about the QuickBooks Online (QBO) feature and how to upgrade QuickBooks.

QuickBooks have amazing features which you can try and use. You can choose on the plan you'll subscribe that fits to your business. For QBO, we have the Simple Start, Essentials, and Plus. For the feature differences, you may check this: QuickBooks Online plan.

If you want to upgrade your subscription, here's how:

1. Go to the Gear icon.
  2. Select Account and Settings.
  3. Select Billing & Subscription.
  4. From the QuickBooks section, select Upgrade.
  5. You'll be presented with options for upgrading, along with features and pricing. Select Upgrade for the product you want.
  6. If prompted, enter payment information.
  7. Confirm the upgrade and new billing rate, the select Confirm Upgrade.

In addition, we also have our QuickBooks Desktop product. We have the Pro, Premier, and Enterprise versions. QuickBooks Premier has the contractor edition, which has more tools than the Pro. To know more about the QuickBooks Desktop product features, please check this: QuickBooks Desktop product.

Feel free to get back to us if you have any other QuickBooks concern. Wishing you the best!

Established Community Backer ***

Re: Which quickbooks program is best for a construction company? I have simple start, how do I upgrade to the better version

You would want QBO Plus, so that you can use Products and Services, including Noninventory products, for handling the purchase data and charge back as "purchased as expense for customers and charged as reimbursed gross income for me" as a Function. This would include Doors, Windows, Flooring, Appliances, permits, subcontractor services, your own crew, etc. This includes the ability to use estimates for internal needs or sending to clients, as well.

These are called Two Sided products/services.

Re: Which quickbooks program is best for a construction company? I have simple start, how do I up...

So..you can only access the contractor features if you buy the desktop premier plan and not the online version. Do both work with Mac computers? 

I'm using a Mac product. Is the contractor specific features only available on the desktop version and not the online version? Will both work with Mac? 

QuickBooks Team

Hello, lynnj0750.

Managing a construction business can also be done in QuickBooks Online. As what the Community Backer mentioned above, QBO Plus can cater this situation.

QuickBooks Desktop has specific software that can be downloaded on your Mac computer (QuickBooks Desktop for Mac). Moreover, QuickBooks Online will also work in Mac devices since it’s a web based software.

To learn more about QuickBooks plans and pricing, please refer to the following articles:

Please consider posting your questions here again if you have other concerns with QuickBooks.

Established Community Backer ***

@lynnj0750 

You can use QB desktop for Mac, for construction, just fine. It has the tools and functions.

QB Online does not Job Track Payroll Labor. The QB for Mac also uses an external payroll function. That would be the main reason to change to running Windows simulation on the Mac, so that you can use QB Desktop Premier Contractor.