cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how does the search option work? i cannot get anything to appear when i seach from the description

I have tried several descriptions or drawing numbers to get the search option to work but i get nowhere.  i know the drawing numbers are in the system.  does search need it to be exact or can i just enter the first few letters of an item?  How exactly does "search" work?

1 Comment
Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Re: how does the search option work? i cannot get anything to appear when i seach from the descri...

Hi marcia7,

Thank you for posting here in the Community. I'd be glad to lend a hand with your concern about the search option in QuickBooks Desktop.

Can you share with me more on which search option you're referring in the program? Is it the one from the Inventory Center showing above the items?

If so, the fields should work by just entering the letters of the items. For your visual reference, check out this sample screenshot:

If you're getting problems with using the search option, you can proceed with re-sorting lists for your items. The detailed steps are outlined in the article below (scroll down to Re-sort Chart of Accounts, Item list):

Re-sort lists.

Let me know if you need further assistance with using the search option. Any additional information or screenshot will ensure timely solution.