cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

intstallation

I am trying to enroll into quickbooks pro. I am in the second to last step and the box where i have to put user id is grayed out and i cant add text. how do i correct this problem?

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: intstallation

Hello there, @1224.

Welcome and thanks for dropping by the Community. I'm here to help make sure that you can finish the installation process of your QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) Pro.

I've checked, and we haven't received any similar reports regarding the user ID box being greyed out. Just to clarify, are you trying to install the QBDT Pro Plus version? If so, this version will require you to enter your Intuit user ID. If not, you shouldn't be asked to enter that information.

To isolate this, try choosing other versions of QBDT. If the issue persists, I highly suggest contacting our Phone Support team so they can check it out using their screen-sharing (remote access) tool and fix it for you. Here's how to reach them:

1. Go to: https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact​.
2. Choose QuickBooks Desktop, then the version you're trying to install.
3. Select a topic.
4. Click on the green button that says Get Phone Number.​

After contacting them, I'm confident that you can finish installing your QBDT. Just in case, you can also check out this article for future reference: Install QuickBooks Desktop.

Please let me know how it goes or if you're referring to something else by leaving a comment below. I'm always here should you have any follow-up questions or concern. Take care and have a great rest of the day!