cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

my qb won't open because it says i need to update my version, but we already did this

my qb won't open because it says i need to update my version, but we already did this

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: my qb won't open because it says i need to update my version, but we already did this

Hi, @bmaloney.

I'm here to help and ensure to isolate this problem so you keep your QuickBooks up and running. 

Let's process troubleshooting steps to fix the problem and get back to focusing on your business. First, let's download and use the QRefresher Tool. This will helps you end the QuickBooks processes, and performs a mini-repair to ensure that things are in proper order.

Let's run the tool, then try to re-open your QuickBooks: dlm2.download.intuit.com/akdlm/SBD/QuickBooks/QBPDF/qbrefresherv1.exe

Next, you need to suppress the QuickBooks Desktop application if there's damaged with your company file. Here's how: 

1. Press and hold the Ctrl key, then double-click the QuickBooks Desktop icon. Do not release the Ctrl key until you see the "No Company Open" window, unless QuickBooks freezes or gives you an error.
  2. Select a company file, then choose Open.

Once done, let's restart your computer to clear processes and temporary data that may be hogging your system resources. Try to open QuickBooks after restarting. 

If the issue persists, please check this article, and scroll-down to Solution 4 then follow the next troubleshooting steps: QuickBooks Desktop doesn't start or won't open

Please let me know how it goes by clicking the Reply button below. I'm just a post away if you have other questions about opening QuickBooks.