cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

payroll

I have Enterprise desktop version of QB. Looking at enabling payroll. What is the "service Key" number? Is there a monthly fee to run payroll through QB's? thanks Jeff

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: payroll

Welcome to the Intuit Community, @jjtrue1

I'll share the steps on how to activate your payroll subscription.

Just to confirm, did you purchase QuickBooks Desktop Payroll from the web or over the phone? If so, you'll usually receive a 16-digit service key via email. You need to enter it in the program to activate your payroll service.

If you purchased QuickBooks Desktop Payroll in a retail store, you'll need to activate your payroll license online to get the service key.

Yes, there is a monthly fee using the payroll service. You can check out this link about the payroll plans and their pricing

If you don't have your service key, you can use our Automated Service Key Retrieval Tool. You'll need to log in using your Intuit Account credentials. 

Once you have it, you can perform the steps below on how to enter it: 

1. Go to the Employees menu at the top. 
  2. Select My Payroll Service
  3. Choose Activate Service Key
  4. In the QuickBooks Service Keys window, select Add
  5. Type in your Service Key
  6. Click Next. 
  7. Choose Finish
  8. Choose OK when the Payroll Update message appears. 
  9. Verify the Service Status shows Active and click OK

For more information, you can visit this helpful article: Enter Your Payroll Service or Disk Delivery Key

Once activated, you can start setting up payroll in QuickBooks

The information above will help you activate your payroll subscription in no time, @jjtrue1

I'm here anytime you have other concerns. Have a great day.