cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

quickbooks 2016 mac latest version needed

I was using quickbooks from more than one year , yesterday i deleted it and reinstalled it , but after updating still im getting old version V 17.0.4R5 while in past i was using version V 17.1.16 R17

now im not able to open my quickbooks file as it is giving error 

"quickbooks can not open this file because it was created with incompatible version"

Please help me finding link for version V 17.1.16 R17, i have this version in my employee mac as well, is it possible to copy it from other mac to my mac. if yes kindly help me with procedure 

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: quickbooks 2016 mac latest version needed

I've got you covered, sms2friends.

I appreciate all of your effort in trying to update and resolve this yourself. Since you're still unable to, allow me to step in and lend you a hand in updating your QuickBooks and ensure that you'll be able to open it.

This sort of behavior is often the result of QuickBooks functionalities being blocked from getting the update. To get past this, I recommend that we go to our Downloads and updates page and directly download the latest release patch from there. The steps below will guide you through the process:

To get the latest updates on our website

1. Click the link to head to the Downloads and updates page.
  2. Select United States (US), QuickBooks Mac Desktop, and 2016 from the Select CountrySelect ProductSelect Version drop-down menus.
  3. Click Search.
  4. Select Get the latest updates, then Save/Save File to download the update.
  5. When it's done, double-click to install the update. I recommend that you restart your computer after the installation finishes.

All of this information and more is available from our guide on how to update QuickBooks to the latest release.

That should do it.  With these resources, I'm confident you'll be able to update and open QuickBooks in no time!

Keep in touch with me here if there's anything else you need. I always got your back. Thanks for reaching out, wishing you and your business the best.