Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
Antoinette1976
Level 1

Make Tax Digital

Does anyone know when Quickbooks will be ready to connect to HMRC for the pilot of Make Tax Digital. I want to get some of my clients onto the pilot but can't do that till Quickbooks is ready.

Any ideas?

10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make Tax Digital

Hi Antoinette1976,

Thank you for contacting the Community.

Making Tax Digital for VAT will come into effect from April 2019. We will be ready for this and we have already had some successful trials.

I will see if I can get any more information about a pilot and get back to you.

I hope this helps, Carly. :)

JamesC
QuickBooks Team

Make Tax Digital

Hi Guys,

Some information for you on the current status of the Pilot program:

We are currently in BETA with HMRC.

We have a few accountants who qualified for the BETA based on HMRC's requirements.

We have also been successful in the BETA with submissions. The tentative date for launch is in line with HMRC as April 2019 and we will be ready for it.

It is currently a closed BETA and all slots available to us are filled.

But as soon as HMRC opens up the need for more we can get clients added provided the clients qualify based on HMRC's requirements.

Hope that provides you with some useful knowledge

Thanks,

EmilyMockett
Level 7

Make Tax Digital

Hi,

I am proud to say that at the accountancy firm I work for, we are completing the BETA testing and are successfully filing our VAT through QuickBooks Online! It is working great!

HMRC filing.PNG

Kind Regards,

Emily

klarkle82
Level 2

Make Tax Digital

It's worth keeping an eye on our Making Tax Digital Resource Centre where we'll be posting our latest MTD content once it's developed.

Jess W
Intuit

Make Tax Digital

Hi, @Antoinette1976

Hope you're having a great day!

Thanks - @EmilyMockett and great news Smiley Very Happy

Also, @Antoinette1976 - you could check out our Community post which was created by @JackS - QuickBooks & MTD

Any other questions @Antoinette1976, feel free to ask.

QB Community Home          Talk About Your Business 

Find Inspiration     

MarkGiard
Level 1

Make Tax Digital

i have a client who is in the retail business, Vat registered, above the VAT threshold,  with hundreds of small transactions on a database, some standard rated and some zero rated.  Is there a way to import these transactions from excel into Quickbooks to satisfy MTD?

AshH
QuickBooks Team

Make Tax Digital

Hi MarkGiard.

Thanks for getting in touch with the Community.

While there isn't a way to directly import transaction into your QuickBooks account, there would be a few different third party applications that would allow you to import transactions. You will be able to find these in the Intuit app store.

All the apps in the store are designed by third party developers to integrate with QuickBooks only and allows you to do things that the product can't natively do.

MarkGiard
Level 1

Make Tax Digital

thank you

klarkle82
Level 2

Make Tax Digital

Post edited

klarkle82
Level 2

Make Tax Digital

Hi Mark, great question! We're actually working on something right now that will help you keep clients like this compliant with MTD for VAT. We'll be releasing more details at our upcoming Get Connected events (beginning 20th Sep) and MTD Breakfast seminars (Beginning 3rd Oct) which are free to attend. If you can't make it we'll also be releasing details online soon afterwards. 

In the mean time you're able to use a QuickBooks add on or import invoices, bills, bank transactions, customers, suppliers, products and services into QuickBooks from a CSV file. Screen Shot 2018-09-11 at 4.02.29 PM.png

Need to get in touch?

Contact us