Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
Mhutch
Level 1

QuickBooks and Making Tax Digital (MTD)

Thanks for your reply!

unfortunately every time i call HMRC they tell me they are getting too many calls and hang up but i will keep trying!

im hopefully that the software we use at the moment will update to put all the sales through automatically as i dont want to have to put everything through twice.

JamesPenn
Level 1

Hi,

Please help. I have signed up to MTD, authorised Quickbooks successfully. I have the MTD logo on my Tax page in quickbooks. 

However, when I try to submit my return I get this message asking me to confirm that I have NOT signed up to MTD. 

How do I submit my return please? As HMRC's VAT accoutn will not allow me to do it through them... 

Capture.PNG

MirriamM

Thanks for reaching out in the Intuit Community, JamesPenn,

Let me get the help you need to ensure you'd able to file VAT return.

To start with, we can perform some basic troubleshooting steps like using an incognito/private browser.
Just follow the keyboard shortcuts below to open a private browser:

• Google Chrome: press Ctrl + Shift + N
  • Mozilla Firefox: press Ctrl + Shift + P
  • Internet Explorer: press Ctrl + Shift + P
  • Safari: press Command + Shift +N

Once able to open a private browser, try to file VAT return again. However, if the issue persists after performing the steps above, I suggest contacting our QuickBooks Support team for them to further check your account and determine what caused the error using one of their tools.

To contact us, here’s how:

1. Click this link https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_GB/contact.
  2. Choose the QuickBooks Product.
  3. On the Contact Us page, select a topic.
  4. Click on Get Phone Number button to see the support number.

If there's anything else you need help with in filing VAT return, please don't hesitate to reach back out. I'm always here to help. Have a great day!

IGUK
Level 1

Thanks for Sharing JackS, It is most useful article for medium to SMBs businesses. Intuit Quickbooks is most reputed software used by many accounting firms.

Cheers,

Initor Global

JackS

You're welcome @IGUK , if you need anything else, please feel free to let me know. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us