cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dogburtguy
Level 1

How to import invoices that will be marked as Final rather than Pending

I use a shop management software that exports into QB.  The invoices are marked Pending.  How do I make the imported invoice Marked as Final?

Thanks

9 Comments 9
MirriamM

Thanks for reaching out in the Community, dogburtguy,

Let me share information about how importing invoices works in QuickBooks Online.

Since you have use the importing invoice feature, in QuickBooks Online this means that those invoices are open which is the reason it shows pending.

To have the invoices show as paid, you can connect your bank account then match the transactions.

To know more on how to match transactions, you can check out this great resource: Add and match downloaded banking transactions.

If you have further questions, please feel free to reach back out. I'm always here to help. Have a great day!

dogburtguy
Level 1

I don't want to mark the invoices as paid, they are unpaid.  I want them to show up in my A?R aging report.  

AlcaeusF

Hello dogburtguy,

Welcome to the Community. I'm here to lend a hand with your concern about the invoices in QuickBooks Online.

The invoice status in QuickBooks is automatic and will show depending on the progress of the transactions. For now, adding a custom status like Final is currently not available in the product.

In addition to the information above, you can also utilize the Memo field on your invoice to indicate your desired status. By running the A/R Ageing Detail report, you'll be able to add the Memo/Description column through the small gear icon.

Here's a screenshot:

3.JPG

Please feel free to follow up with me here for all of your needs concerning the invoices and reports. The Community value your time and service.

dogburtguy
Level 1

I appreciate your help.

My mistake, I'm not using the online version, I'm using a stand alone desktop and I don't see the option you described.  Is it available for the desktop version?

Thanks again.

Bonny_

Hi dogburtguy,

Unfortunately we no longer support QuickBooks Desktop products in Australia. However, I want to help point you in the right direction to resolve your query. Could you tell me what version of QuickBooks Desktop you are using and also what shop management software you are using? 

Bonny

dogburtguy
Level 1

QB Desktop Pro 2018.  TeeCal 7.03 Cloud Version

Thanks for your help.

Alessandra_B
QuickBooks Team

Thank you for getting back to us, @dogburtguy.

The steps given by my colleague above can also be done in your QuickBooks Desktop. Let me guide you through the steps.

In QuickBooks, importing an invoice follows its status before being imported. But you can add a memo on your invoice with the status that you prefer. Here's how:

1. Open the invoice.
  2. Enter a description in the Memo box.
  3. Click on Save & Close.

Once done, you can pull up and customize the A/R Aging Detail report to show the memo entered on the invoice.

You may follow the steps below:

1. Click on Reports from the menu bar.
  2. Choose Customers & Receivables, then click on A/R Aging Detail.
  3. Click on Customize Report.
  4. In the Column box, select Memo.
  5. Click on OK.

That's it! You're now able to see the memo you've entered on the invoice.

Don't hesitate to tag me in your comment if you have any other concerns. I'll be sure to get back to you.

dogburtguy
Level 1

FYI - I'm sure you're not familiar with Tee Cal, but it uses software provided by QB to do the importing.  I occasionally get errors when I import, and those errors always come from Quickbooks, not Tee Cal.

Alessandra_B
QuickBooks Team

Hi @dogburtguy,

Let me route you to the correct support available to help you with the errors you're getting.

Errors arise when the format used when exporting is not compatible with the format accepted in QuickBooks.

There are a few file formats accepted in QuickBooks. When importing, you'll need to export your invoices using these file formats to avoid getting errors. Some of these file formats include:

• .IIF - Intuit Interchange Format
  • .QBO - Web Connect Files

I suggest reaching out to your third-party application support. This way, they can provide you with their file formats for exporting that is suitable with the formats in QuickBooks.

You may also read this article for more information: Import/Export Overview.

Please let me know if you have any other QuickBooks questions.