- Enter the transaction the way you want it memorized, but do not select Save.
Note: If certain fields contain information that may change, leave those fields blank. For example, you can leave the Memo field blank on a recurring cheque so you can enter a different memo for each cheque.
- From the Edit menu, select Memorize [Transaction].
- Enter a Name for the memorized transaction, then choose how you want QuickBooks to handle the transaction.
- Add to my Reminders List: The transaction will be added to the Memorized Transactions section of your Reminders list. When you choose this option, fill in the How Often field.
- Do Not Remind Me: The transaction will not be added to your Reminders list or added automatically. You can use this as an "as needed" template for transactions that repeat from time to time.
- Automate Transaction Entry: The transaction will be automatically entered once it's due. When you choose this option, remember to fill in the How Often and Next Date fields.
- If you set up an automatic schedule for a transaction, make sure your Next Date is set to a day in the future.
- When filling in the Number Remaining field, note that it includes the Next Date transaction.
- Enter any other necessary info in the Memorize Transaction window, then select OK.
- If you're only entering the transaction information for future use, select Clear and close the window.
To record the memorized transaction now, select Save & Close or Save & Next.