cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lckbooks
Level 1

Hello, I am reconciling an Account, the Opening Balance, Deposits & Expenses are all the right balances from the statement but it is telling me it is out. Any Answers?

6 Comments 6
James_MasterofBooksthatareQuick
QuickBooks Team

Hello, I am reconciling an Account, the Opening Balance, Deposits & Expenses are all the right balances from the statement but it is telling me it is out. Any Answers?

Hey lckbooks, did you want to share a screenshot of this so I can understand a little better?

lckbooks
Level 1

Hi James, I have Attached a Copy of the Statement & the Transactions I am trying to Reconcile. The Opening Balance, Closing Balance, Expenses & Charges all say the same Amounts, but it is out by $108.20. Which strangely is double the difference of the Expenses & Charges. I hope I haven't Confused you. Thanks Lisa.

JessT

Hi Lisa!

Thank you for the screenshot. I will continue to help you with your reconciliation.

Since the opening balance and the transaction amounts are correct, we’ll check their reconciliation statuses instead.

Please open your credit card register and make sure that any of the four transactions don’t have an mark. This mark means a transaction is reconciled, and it’ll create a difference on the reconciliation. If you see one, just click on the mark until it disappears or it changes to C (cleared), then click on Save. When a warning about the change will pop up, just select Yes.

I’ve replicated your scenario, and I was able to reconcile mine with a zero difference. I'm confident that we'll have the same results after you check yours.

I've just started my shift, so I have a lot of time to help you on this. Just let me know if you have more questions.

Have a nice day!

lckbooks
Level 1

Hi Jess,

Thanks for your reply, I have looked at the credit card register and all four transactions have a "C" against it. Thanks Lisa.

JessT

Thanks for letting me know, Lisa.

The transaction amounts (correct), the beginning balance (correct), the ending balance (correct), the reconciliation statuses of the transactions (correct) are the only things I can think of your scenario. Would you be able to double check the amounts of the transactions to see if they are correct?

Are we having the same number of transactions on the reconciliation page? What about your Ending Balance amount? If they are all correct or same with mine, please have this checked with our phone or chat team. They can request a screen-sharing session to see your reconciliation.

1. Click on Help and choose Contact us.
  2. Enter a short description about this and click on Let's talk.
  3. Choose from Chat or Get a callback. Office hours: M-F, 8:30 AM - 6:30 PM, AEST.

I'm just around if you have other questions.

JessT

Thanks for letting me know, Lisa.

The transaction amounts (correct), the beginning balance (correct), the ending balance (correct), the reconciliation statuses of the transactions (correct) are the only things I can think of your scenario. Would you be able to double check the amounts of the transactions to see if they are correct?

Are we having the same number of transactions on the reconciliation page? What about your Ending Balance amount? If they are all correct or same with mine, please have this checked with our phone or chat team. They can request a screen-sharing session to see your reconciliation.

1. Click on Help and choose Contact us.
  2. Enter a short description about this and click on Let's talk.
  3. Choose from Chat or Get a callback. Office hours: M-F, 8:30 AM - 6:30 PM, AEST.

I'm just around if you have other questions.