|Note: POs are available in QuickBooks Online Plus and in older QuickBooks Online Edition products (with optional Sales package enabled).|
How to check if the purchase orders feature is enabled in your company:
Select the Plus icon (+) on the Toolbar, then Purchase Order.
- If you don’t see it, select Show more.
If you see the Purchase Orders feature listed but get the message We're sorry! Purchase Orders is turned off when you select it, you'll need to enable the feature.
How to enable the purchase orders feature:
There are two ways to enable purchase orders. Either select the Settings link, and update your setting, or follow the steps below:
- Select the Gear icon on the Toolbar, then Account and Settings (or Company Settings).
- From the left menu, select Expenses.
- Select the pencil icon next to purchase orders.
- Check the Use Purchase Orders box.
- (Optional) Enter titles for up to three custom fields.
- (Optional) Enter a Default Message on POs.
- Select Save, then Done.
|Note: Formatting of the PO comes from the Master Sales Form Template, regardless of whichever template you have set as default. There's no way to customise purchase orders further with different content, layout and style options.|