cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
heather14
Level 2

How do I Lodge the Taxable Payment Annual Report (TPAR) with the ATO straight from QuickBooks?

Solved
Best answer March 12, 2019

Best Answers
Not applicable

How do I Lodge the Taxable Payment Annual Report (TPAR) with the ATO straight from QuickBooks?

Hi Heather, you can run reports and export. However you are not specifically able to lodge directly from QBO itself :smile:

View solution in original post

9 Comments 9
2mp100kevin
Level 1

I have prepared the TPAR exported in xcel format for checking and all looks fine.  However all attempts to lodge via the ATO portal fail.  I understand that certain files cannot be lodged e.g. spreadsheets, word documents etc..  I choose the "download" option on the QBO TPAR report screen and it generates something titled "report.efile" which I am attempting unsuccessfully to lodge.  Any suggestions please?
Not applicable

Hi Kevin, are you receiving any error messages?
Not applicable

Hi Heather, you can run reports and export. However you are not specifically able to lodge directly from QBO itself :smile:
Rosy
Level 2

When will this be available?

James_MasterofBooksthatareQuick
QuickBooks Team

Hi Heather, I don't know of any plans to develop this just now, but your feedback is definitely well received. If this changes, you will be the first to know :)

heather14
Level 2

I am wondering with the extra reporting to the ATO with the Single Touch Payroll for small business coming into effect on 1st July, 2019, is there a chance that other reports required by the end of the financial year (such as TPAR) also being a direct report in the future.  I hope so.

RCV
QuickBooks Team
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, heather14.

At this time, there's no update yet for other reports required by the end of the financial year to be included in Single Touch Payroll (STP). However, you'll receive an email notification if there are some updates with the payroll report inclusions on it.

I found helpful articles for more details about Single Touch Payroll:

Visit the community again if you have more questions about payroll. I'm here to help.

MAPower
Level 1

Moving to Xero. QB has had long enough to sort this out.

IntuitAika
Intuit

Hi MAPower,

I understand that this feature would be a great addition to our product. Having this feature in Intuit QBO would give it more flexibility and allow it to be more organized. We have passed this information to our Product Team for consideration. Also, you can send your valuable feedback by clicking the Gear icon on your QuickBooks Online file. You can check here for product updates. 

Feel free to post again if you have any other questions. I'll be around to help.