cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user51187
Level 1

How do you change master admin to company admin in QB Simple Start?

3 Comments 3
SophiaAnnL

You can contact us for this, user51187.

In QuickBooks Online Simple Start, you can only have one user which is the Master Admin. However, you have the option to add a user as an accountant. Changing the Master Admin rights to Company Admin is not possible on this version.

If you have a new Master Admin in your company, you can call us and we'll change it for you. I'd also suggest upgrading your plan to Essentials or Plus so you can add a Company Admin in your company file.

To get our contact number, click the Help icon in the upper right-hand corner. From there, click the Contact Us button and enter your concern in the description box.

Please let me know if you need anything else.

user51187
Level 1

Hi. I did upgrade my plan and selected the Company Admin option but it only made the person ‘Admin’. It’s for Odessy Resources to get my old data in QB format. 

Please advise 

SophiaAnnL

Hello there, user51187. Thanks for getting back to me.

What you see in QBO is normal. The Company Admin is labeled simply as Admin when added in the users' list.

Once you add a Company Admin, the current Master Admin has the capability of transferring their access rights to that person. This will make the existing Master Admin as the new Company Admin.

You can learn more about it here: How to transfer the role of Master Administrator.

I'm right here if you have any further questions.