cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Intuit

QuickBooks subscription payroll terms and pricing changes 4 March 2019

Changes to Quickbooks Pricing

Which QuickBooks product prices are changing? When does the new pricing take effect?

The price of QuickBooks Online Plus subscriptions will increase on 19 March 2019. It will change from $35 to $40 (including GST). Quickbooks Online Plus wholesale subscriptions bought between 1 September 2018 and 19 March 2019 will be exempt from this price rise but will be included in any future price reviews.

QuickBooks Online Plus price increase

These are the changes you can expect:

Old List Price: $35 Old Wholesale Price: $17.50
New List Price: $40 New Wholesale Price: $20

Why are you increasing prices?

We invest in QuickBooks to ensure our products suit your changing needs. It’s through our investment in people and technology that we can bring you the tools and services that your business needs. Some of these developments include ensuring Single Touch Payroll is built into QuickBooks, improved direct bank feeds and the ability to eLodge BAS directly with the ATO.

How are you telling customers about the price changes?

All customers (both Advisor & Small business) will be emailed in advance about the changes. Please make sure your email address is up to date so that you continue to receive important updates from us.

I recently upgraded my subscription to QuickBooks Online Plus. Will I be subject to this price increase?

Yes, the new pricing will take effect on 19 March 2019.

What if I want to downgrade my plan?

Unfortunately, we don’t have this capability yet but we are working on it.  

I have a discounted subscription. Will the price changes affect me?

If you are on a discount subscription/offer (12/24 months), the price will revert to the current wholesale at the end of the discount period. The new price will then take effect on the first bill after. Files purchased on a perpetual basis will not change.

How long until the next price increase?

We do not have another price increase planned at this time. We’re committed to helping you and your business grow and it’s only through our investment in people and technology that we can bring you the tools and services that your business needs. These investments can result in occasional price increases.

Changes to QuickBooks Payroll Inclusion Changes 4 March 2019

Which QuickBooks payroll inclusions are changing?

•       On the Simple Start plan, the payroll inclusions will change from 10 employees to 1 employee.
  •       On the Essentials Plan inclusions will change from 10 employees to 3 employees.
  •       On the Plus plan, payroll inclusions will stay the same at 10 employees – No change.

When is this change happening?

The number of employees included on QuickBooks Simple Start and Essentials plans will change on 4 March 2019 .

What are my options? What can I do if I have more than the included amount of employees?

Additional employees can be added for $4 per month, depending on usage it may be timely to review your plan.

What do I do now?

There’s nothing you need to do, although we recommend you review your subscription options to choose the plan that is right for you and your business. Review QuickBooks Online plans.

How are you telling customers about the payroll inclusion
changes?

All impacted customers  (both Advisor & SMB ) will be emailed in advance about the  changes. Please make sure your email address is up to date so that you continue  to receive important updates from us.

What if I want to upgrade to QuickBooks Online Plus?

You can upgrade your subscription in the My Account section of QuickBooks Online.