cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andyrobbinz
Level 1

The P/L report for last financial year run today is different to the one run last year. I have identified the missing transactions ,but why are they not on the report?

There are 11 transactions paid from 20/6/18 to 28/6/18, uploaded from the credit card and posted between 19/7/18 and 23/7/18. They are still appearing in the expense reports by supplier, the journal is posted but they are not appearing in the COS total on the P/L
3 Comments 3
SophiaAnnL

The P/L report for last financial year run today is different to the one run last year. I have identified the missing transactions ,but why are they not on the report?

I'd like to check if you're using the correct filters on your report, andyrobbinz.

When you run the Profit and Loss report, you'd have to choose the right accounting method. Selecting a wrong one can make the report totally different than what you expect.

At the top of the report, you'll see Cash and Accrual. Just select what method you used when you recorded the transactions last financial year.

Here's an article to learn more about this: Change your accounting method.

Let's start there to see if this is what's causing the issue on your P&L. Keep me posted with the results by leaving a reply.

andyrobbinz
Level 1

Thank you for your reply.  It wasnt the accounting method, but the fact that I had selected last financial YTD instead of just last financial year in the report date selection. The transactions are appearing on the report when I enter the correct dates.

JessT

Hi Andy,

Please check the Cost of Sales account you used on your journal transactions to see if it's TYPE is Cost of Sales (COS). To do this, you can go to your Chart Of Accounts and see the TYPE columns. If it's not COS, the amount will not show up on your P&L report. Thus, you'll need edit your journals and choose the correct COS account.

cost of sales.PNG

Please let me know what you will find out.