cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Intuit

Update Credit Card for your QuickBooks Subscription

This article refers to QuickBooks Online

You can change your payment method at any time from the Your Account page.

Click on the Tools menu (it is located in the upper right corner where you see your company name), and under Your Company, click Your Account.

1. Under Account, click Update Payment Information.  You can also click Edit next to the last 4 numbers of your credit card.
  2. Fill in the appropriate information making sure the information is accurate. For example, in Name on card, enter your name as it appears on your credit card.

Q:  Why are you suspending my account? 
A:   We have not been able to bill your monthly QBO subscription because we do not have valid payment details on file.

Q:  How do I update my credit card details so I can continue using QBO? 
A:  Go to the Your Account section in the upper right and you will see instructions for how to easily update your payment details.

Q:  Will you charge me for prior months and what will I get charged? 
A:  We will not charge you for prior months where you received QBO for free.  On the Your Account page where you update your payment details, you will see exactly how much you will get charged.  This charge will depend on which QBO service you are using and where you are in the billing month.

Q:  What does it mean to suspend my account? 
A:  This means you can only use QBO in view only access mode.  You can still read all your company data but you cannot add or edit data.  You can reactive your account at any time once you update your payment details.