joyce-issac
Level 1

Can i import iif files 2019 online version

5 Comments 5
JamesM
QuickBooks Team

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community. I'd be happy to answer your question. 

QuickBooks Desktop 2019 makes it easy to import IIF files. Here's an article from our Community which will show you how to do that: 

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Help-Articles/Improved-IIF-Import-in-QuickBooks-2019/m-p/261...

Try this out and let me know how you make out. 

B_CL
Level 1

Hi James, Does this also work with QuickBooks Online? Your response seemed to refer to QuickBooks Desktop version. Thanks Bev
LauraAB
QuickBooks Team

Hi Bev,

I can help answer this question. You're right that JamesM's response was referring to QuickBooks Desktop. When it comes to QuickBooks Online, the program allows you to import .CSV or .XLS/.XLSX files into the program, with the exception of bank transaction files which are also acceptable in .QBO format for manual uploads.

Here are a few articles that explain more about the import process and options for our Online platform.

I hope that clarifies how importing works in QuickBooks Online. Don't hesitate to ask more questions!

B_CL
Level 1

Hi Laura, Thank You for the clarification I am receiving iif files in the form a journal entry which represents the sales and goods sold for day. I wlll need to convert these to CSV in order to upload? Thanks Bev
LauraAB
QuickBooks Team

Hi again, Bev. I'm happy to help however I can. Journal entries aren't among the transactions types that can imported into QuickBooks Online. Here's a glimpse of the Import Data screen with the available options.

There may be partner apps that can import journal entries and other transaction types into the program. Some may even be able to import different file types as well. Visit the website I linked by clicking "partner apps" at the beginning of this paragraph (Hint: make sure the flag at the top of the website is Canadian) or view what's available using the Apps tab in your account.

Otherwise, you can manually enter the information from the IIF journal entry file. It's only a few clicks to create a journal entry in QuickBooks Online: click the Plus (+) icon, select Journal Entry, and fill in the fields.

All the best to you. :)

Need to get in touch?

Contact us