Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Close my account

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Close my account

Hi rossmaryann,

I'm sad to hear you want to close your account. If you're having trouble with the program or need help with your billing and subscription information, please don't hesitate to call our phone support team at 1-855-253-1536. Agents are available from Monday to Friday between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m. EST or Saturday from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. EST.

To continue with cancelling your account, follow these steps.

1. Log into QuickBooks Online via a browser.
  2. Click the Gear icon in your account.
  3. Choose Account and Settings.
  4. Click the Billing and subscription tab.
  5. Click Cancel and follow the steps.

If you still have time left on your monthly subscription, the account will remain active until the end of that billing period. After that, the account will go inactive and you'll have access to your data in read-only mode for 12 months before it's fully deleted from our system. You can resubscribe at any time during that 12-month period without loss of data.

If you're not seeing the Billing and subscrition tab, there could be three reasons: you aren't an account admin, you subscribed through an app store, or you're on your accountant's billing. Have an account admin follow the steps above to cancel or follow the How to unsubscribe or cancel QuickBooks Online subscriptions purchased tthrough an app store (iOS or... article to learn how to cancel app store subscription types. If you think you may be under your accountant's billing, get in touch with him or her to cancel the account.

I hope that helps. Let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.