cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
houghj3
Level 1

Closing a suspended Quickbooks Account

My account is suspended, I want it closed, any suggestions?  I have talked with 6 different reps, they have all said it's fine suspended and that my credit card wouldn't get charged.  That was of course incorrect.

I don't want to deal with this company anymore but they refuse to close the account.

2 Comments 2
LauraAB
QuickBooks Team

Closing a suspended Quickbooks Account

Hi houghj3,

I want to make sure you don't receive further unwanted charges and can explain in more detail what's going on.

An account goes into the suspended phase when our system is unable to bill the associated credit card. After the first time it's unable to, it'll try again, but then the attempts should stop. The only reason another charge would be taken is if there were charges owed on your account. To get more clarity on what your situation is, an agent needs to take a look at your account's billing.

Since you've been billed again, that means your account may be active and you can go in and cancel QuickBooks Self-Employed yourself. Follow these steps:

1. Open your QuickBooks Self-Employed account in a browser.
  2. Click the Gear icon at the top right of the screen.
  3. Select Billing Info.
  4. Click Cancel now in the Cancel section near the bottom of the page.

Even if your account appears to still be suspended despite the latest charge, try these steps anyway. Once this is done, your account won't be charged anymore. If that's already been taken care of, I recommend checking to make sure you don't have a duplicate account hidden away somewhere or a QuickBooks Online account that might be the source of the charges instead.

The easiest way to do that is to get in touch with the QuickBooks Self-Employed team once again, which you can do using the Email your question form.

I hope that helps with sorting out your charges and account. I'm here if you have more questions.

Lexiesmemere
Level 7

Need to get in touch?

Contact us