Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Everything you need to know about banking in QuickBooks Online - Discover more
pebble9
Level 1

Core certification

I have completed the modules and taken the core certification exam and passed.

How long does it take to show on your profile that you've passed the core certification exam as I'd like to progress and take the exam to become a ProAdvisor.

Thanks

Solved
Best answer April 12, 2019

Accepted Solutions
RaymondJayO

Core certification

It's great to have you here in the Community, @pebble9

First of all, I congratulate you for passing your core certification exam. 

It will take up to 7 days for the exam to reflect in your profile after you've passed it. You can access your badge on the Training & certification history page. Here's how:

1. Sign into your QuickBooks Online Accountant (QBOA) account. 
  2. Select ProAdvisor from the left menu.
  3. Go to the Training tab.
  4. Scroll-down the page, and click Training & certification history.

For more information, you can check out this helpful article: Access Your Certification History. You can also check out all the answers to frequently asked questions about your ProAdvisor Certification program

The steps and resources above will help you access your completed certification exam in no time, @pebble9. I'm looking forward to your successful partnership with QuickBooks so you'll be able to effectively manage your clients in the future. 

If you find the certification does not update within the 7 days let us know and we can chase this up with the training team.

I'll be around to help if there's anything else you need. Cheers!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
RaymondJayO

Core certification

It's great to have you here in the Community, @pebble9

First of all, I congratulate you for passing your core certification exam. 

It will take up to 7 days for the exam to reflect in your profile after you've passed it. You can access your badge on the Training & certification history page. Here's how:

1. Sign into your QuickBooks Online Accountant (QBOA) account. 
  2. Select ProAdvisor from the left menu.
  3. Go to the Training tab.
  4. Scroll-down the page, and click Training & certification history.

For more information, you can check out this helpful article: Access Your Certification History. You can also check out all the answers to frequently asked questions about your ProAdvisor Certification program

The steps and resources above will help you access your completed certification exam in no time, @pebble9. I'm looking forward to your successful partnership with QuickBooks so you'll be able to effectively manage your clients in the future. 

If you find the certification does not update within the 7 days let us know and we can chase this up with the training team.

I'll be around to help if there's anything else you need. Cheers!

pebble9
Level 1

Core certification

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have checked where you have said and it hasn't updated.  It just asks if I want to take the exam again.

I have the certificate by email but I can't move on to the ProAdvisor exam until this updates.

I have tried using the chat box and it didn't load properly and then the phone number provided to call was not accepted by my mobile network.

Any help is gratefully received.

Thanks

pebble9
Level 1

Core certification

Hi,

I have since managed to access the chat help.  It takes one week to update your profile!

So for anyone planning on doing the exams close together, factor in that you have to wait a week before you can do the ProAdvisor exam whilst the Core Certification updates on your profile.

SeifertCPA
Level 1

Core certification

I have completed and passed the assessment on a few modules to get 2020 Desktop certified and it just keeps making me redo the Chart of Accounts assessment - it won't let me move on and the program is no longer listed as avail in my training.  I have taken and passed the assessment twice and done the survey once. I tried to start another course hoping it would reappear below but it did not.  How can I move on?

AlexV
QuickBooks Team

Core certification

Good day, SeifertCPA.

It's nice to see you here.

Let's try to configure your browser to resolve any issue when taking the certification. Let's perform all the steps provided in this article: Configure browser settings for ProAdvisor training.

I've added this link for more details about ProAdvisor Programme.

Post again if you need more help with this. Have a great day!

SeifertCPA
Level 1

Core certification

Hello,
I have tried other browsers and the website still will not allow me to re-enter the QuickBooks Desktop 2020 certification courses.  It only allows me to do other courses.  I completed a bookkeeping course twice to see if it would put me back  into the 2020 certification but it will not.  I completed the chart of accounts module and took the exam twice and submitted the survey.  But the program is no longer an option in my training selections.  I just want to finish this certification and have spent hours upon hours trying to get back into it.  It's a problem with the website, not the browser.

Rose-A

Core certification

Hi, SeifertCPA.

Allow me to step in and help you further with completing your 2020 certification in QuickBooks.

Since the troubleshooting steps that they've provided didn't work, I'd recommend calling into our QuickBooks Support to have this investigated. Unlike in this public forum, they have the tools required to perform any escalations in the system whenever necessary on your behalf.

Also, you might want to check this article to get more information about the certification: Updated FAQs: QuickBooks Online Core & Advanced Re-certification.

Keep me posted if there's anything else you need. I'll be here to provide additional assistance. Have a great rest of your day.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us